!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2016 10:25 am  #21

Re: Operation Players Handbook: Your Help Needed

Emily/Handy,

What else do you need for your group...I have some extra stuff laying around. It sounds like you have enough PHB's already?

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/08/2016 5:49 pm  #22

mavfire wrote:

Emily/Handy,

What else do you need for your group...I have some extra stuff laying around. It sounds like you have enough PHB's already?

I passed this along to her. Maybe we can get her to join the board!
Edit: Er . . . looks like she already did!

Last edited by Handy Haversack (3/08/2016 5:50 pm)

3/08/2016 5:53 pm  #23

Brooklyn.Bookworm wrote:

I want to give a heaping mountain of thanks for everyone who supported my students by either bringing 1e PHB to Garycon or mailed them to Handy...I was as overwhelmed with your generosity as my luggage was with books...but after some creative packing, I'll be able to get a book into every adventurer's hands with a few spares to keep around the classroom.

Thank you so much guys, for seeing the value in getting kids into gaming.  I'm very proud to continue a table-top legacy in a world of electronic gaming.  Some of you already have thank you notes on the way...But Morgan, Dave, Eli, Chainsaw and folks who gave the PHB to Handy to pass along to me...if you PM me your address, I'd love to send you thank you notes from the kids you helped. 

Seconded. You guys really came through. I knew you would. Best folk around, no matter what BigPerm says about you!

And send Em your addresses. Those thank-you notes are worth it!

Chainsaw wrote:

Awesome meeting you, Emily - you bring some much needed class to Handy's crew!

Hey! No, wait, actually, you're right. We're a mess.

3/09/2016 6:16 am  #24

This was a great cause that produced an amazingly positive result! Congrats to all involved, and great talking with you, Emily.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/09/2016 7:09 am  #25

Del,  I got a real kick out of perusing your art work...the more tentacles the better, I always say.  Thank you so much for sharing with me!  It's amazing that not only do I have enough books for each child to keep their own (forever and ever, as I reassured one of my students who thought they'd have to return it at the end of the year) but I can keep a couple on hand for in-game reference.  Now I get to say "look it up," when I'm peppered with questions and the kids can work on their research skill.  If there's anything the kids need, maybe a module or two for low level characters.  I'm currently building them a very loose set of adventures around their home town of "Old Forge," trying to get them used to the game dynamic and every kind of situation they need to be prepared for. (One of my favorite parts was getting them all out of town where they travelled to a huge ant hole, and had to figure out how they could get down it...and they learned the importance of buying rope and iron spikes.)

Jeff, it was great to chat with you educator-to-educator.  Hope everything goes ok with your school's testing and you deftly navigate the bad guy/good guy role for the benefit of your students. I can't wait until I get into another one of your games...though I totally understand why the spots for the games you run fill up so fast. 

Chainsaw,  walking into the Grand Geneva and instantly being whisked away into your Hyperborea game with the Brooklyn crew was like coming home.  We were so giddy with adventure, sleeplessness, and beer...but you managed us very well and gave us the gift of opening Garycon with gaming together.  It was the only game ALL of us got to play together, and I can't thank you enough for that.  Also, thanks for giving Handy a platform to act out his DM rage as a PC.

Handy,  none of this would have happened if not for you.  I think it was your enthusiasm that got everyone halfway across the country to the goose-riddled Wisconsin tundra to game it up.  And I will always be grateful for you rallying the nerd-troops and sticking your neck out for my students.  Many monsters will be killed in the honor of you and the kind folks who have helped make gaming with my kids the positive experience it's been and will continue to be.

3/12/2016 6:54 pm  #26

Brooklyn.Bookworm wrote:

If there's anything the kids need, maybe a module or two for low level characters.

Emily---Are you thinking a few for the classroom, some to send home with the kids so they can run their own games, etc.?

Allan.

3/13/2016 9:02 pm  #27

Hey Allan,
I was thinking general low-level stuff for the classroom for now.  The kids are still getting the hang of being players...but you bring up a fair point of eventually handing the DM reigns to a student.  We had parent teacher conferences Thursday night, and one of the mothers sat me down to talk about D&D...I was expecting the whole "Why are you introducing my son to Satan worship?" but instead, she was so happy about the PHG he received, since he'll be going to college in September, and that "lots of college kids play those games."  Maybe that kid needs to start being groomed as a DM.

3/13/2016 9:19 pm  #28

I have an extra DMG if you need one (I might have two - I can't remember if I kept both extras or not).

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/18/2016 12:11 am  #29

It's worth thinking about further; if you need/would like more books for you or the kids, chime in :D

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.