!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2014 9:22 am  #1

Smoked Meats (and our love for them)

Along the same lines as Chainsaw's Brew thread, I thought I'd post a thread about smoking meatz.  I was bitten by the 'smoking bug' last summer.  Sure I'd thrown some Matchlight in a metal bowl and massacred steaks on them most of my life. But then, one day, I discovered the joy that is a smoker and I never looked back.  I started with a Walmart special, this guy:

Then, one fine Saturday, my wife was out yard sale-ing and found a guy that was moving to Germany and couldn't take his Big Green Egg with him.  I snagged a medium-sized one for only $100!  Don't seem to have a picture of that one at the moment.  But I do have some pictures of my meat (go ahead and yuck it up with that one for a bit).  :-)

Texas-style Brisket:

My Xmas special, smoked boneless ribeye roast.

5/24/2014 2:48 pm  #2

Re: Smoked Meats (and our love for them)

Looks fantastic, Druvas, my mouth is watering...i've never done smoking myself, but my neighbor once made smoked walleye, locally caught... best fish i've ever had.

Now, barbecue...I do some barbecue... pulled pork, St. Louis ribs, gotta love it.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/24/2014 4:45 pm  #3

Those pictures are amazing. Cookout at Druvas' house! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/24/2014 7:44 pm  #4

joseph wrote:

Now, barbecue...I do some barbecue... pulled pork, St. Louis ribs, gotta love it.

Ain't nothin' better than Carolina barbeque.

5/25/2014 9:39 pm  #5

capitalbill wrote:

joseph wrote:

Ain't nothin' better than Carolina barbeque.

Except everything else.

Sorry, I'm from Georgia. Them's fightin words.

5/26/2014 9:19 am  #6

Thanks guys, and I'd love nothing more than to host a bunch of AS&SHers for some games, beer, bourbon, and bbq.  I smoked a brisket on saturday and a pork butt yesterday.  I even made my own bbq sauce (that was a first for me).  And captialbill, I'm partial to Carolina style myself.  Although, really, its all pretty damned good.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.