Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2014 9:30 am  #1


Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

At 300 posts, you get even more than the heightened sense of self-esteem that comes with being a loudmouth! I'm a Sorcerer!

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair . . .

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/BM%2C_AES_Egyptian_Sulpture_~_Colossal_bust_of_Ramesses_II%2C_the_%27Younger_Memnon%27_%281250_BC%29_%28Room_4%29.jpg/170px-BM%2C_AES_Egyptian_Sulpture_~_Colossal_bust_of_Ramesses_II%2C_the_%27Younger_Memnon%27_%281250_BC%29_%28Room_4%29.jpg

 

4/19/2014 9:41 am  #2


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Excellent.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

4/19/2014 10:47 am  #3


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Who knows what wonderous surprises yet await you, Handy... 

Also, in case anyone is keeping track...

1-24 Vagabond
25-74 Ruffian
75-149 Rogue
150-299 Adventurer
300-999 Select Swordsman or Sorcerer (PM me to let me know)
1000-4999 If desired, select any AS&SH class (Bard) or variant (Skald)
5000-9999 To remain a secret for now...


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

4/19/2014 2:38 pm  #4


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

So cool that you can select Swordsman or Sorcerer at 300 posts. My "OD&D Discussion" boards won't allow that kind of option. I had to pre-determine all of the level titles without choices.


Marv / Finarvyn
DCC playtester (2011), S&W WhiteBox Author (2009), C&C playtester (2003), Metamorphosis Alpha since 1976. OD&D Player since 1975
 

4/19/2014 3:21 pm  #5


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

finarvyn wrote:

My "OD&D Discussion" boards won't allow that kind of option. I had to pre-determine all of the level titles without choices.

Really? Even with mod privileges, you can't click on a user's profile and then manually change their title? That's what we are doing. It's clearly more work, but still manageable on smaller sites. I wouldn't want to do it on RPG.NET for example...


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

4/19/2014 5:37 pm  #6


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Handy Haversack wrote:

At 300 posts, you get even more than the heightened sense of self-esteem that comes with being a loudmouth! I'm a Sorcerer!

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair . . .

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/BM%2C_AES_Egyptian_Sulpture_~_Colossal_bust_of_Ramesses_II%2C_the_%27Younger_Memnon%27_%281250_BC%29_%28Room_4%29.jpg/170px-BM%2C_AES_Egyptian_Sulpture_~_Colossal_bust_of_Ramesses_II%2C_the_%27Younger_Memnon%27_%281250_BC%29_%28Room_4%29.jpg

You do a great job keeping things fresh here!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

4/19/2014 10:40 pm  #7


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

At 300 posts, you get even more than the heightened sense of self-esteem that comes with being a loudmouth! I'm a Sorcerer!

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair . . .

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/BM%2C_AES_Egyptian_Sulpture_~_Colossal_bust_of_Ramesses_II%2C_the_%27Younger_Memnon%27_%281250_BC%29_%28Room_4%29.jpg/170px-BM%2C_AES_Egyptian_Sulpture_~_Colossal_bust_of_Ramesses_II%2C_the_%27Younger_Memnon%27_%281250_BC%29_%28Room_4%29.jpg

You do a great job keeping things fresh here!
 

That's what they said to Rameses II!

     Thread Starter
 

4/20/2014 12:02 pm  #8


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Damned, still so many posts before becoming a swordsman.

 

4/20/2014 3:53 pm  #9


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Odysseus wrote:

Damned, still so many posts before becoming a swordsman.

You'll be there in no time. Now... becoming a skeletal swordsman, that's when we talk about selling souls, dark bargains and whatnot.


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

4/21/2014 5:14 am  #10


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

If you don't mind, I'd rather keep my flesh on my bones. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

 

4/23/2014 8:16 am  #11


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Swordsman... definitely a Swordsman...

very cool that we can choose!


ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess
 

5/06/2014 7:48 am  #12


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

I'm going to have to go with sorcerer, given my avatar and all. ;-)

 

5/19/2014 10:46 pm  #13


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

man, I'm psyked just to hit ruffian.  Deffinately going to be swordsmen, honestly beyond that would be happy with master swordsmen

 

7/25/2015 7:35 pm  #14


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Chainsaw wrote:

Who knows what wonderous surprises yet await you, Handy... 

1000-4999 If desired, select any AS&SH class (Bard) or variant (Skald)

Getting close to 1000 Handy!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

7/26/2015 10:18 am  #15


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Chainsaw wrote:

Who knows what wonderous surprises yet await you, Handy...

Also, in case anyone is keeping track...

1-24 Vagabond
25-74 Ruffian
75-149 Rogue
150-299 Adventurer
300-999 Select Swordsman or Sorcerer (PM me to let me know)
1000-4999 If desired, select any AS&SH class (Bard) or variant (Skald)
5000-9999 To remain a secret for now...

Huh, I didn't know the scoop on this. My new goal in life is to hit 300 posts on this board before the World ends.


I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
 

7/26/2015 2:51 pm  #16


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Scalydemon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Who knows what wonderous surprises yet await you, Handy...

Also, in case anyone is keeping track...

1-24 Vagabond
25-74 Ruffian
75-149 Rogue
150-299 Adventurer
300-999 Select Swordsman or Sorcerer (PM me to let me know)
1000-4999 If desired, select any AS&SH class (Bard) or variant (Skald)
5000-9999 To remain a secret for now...

Huh, I didn't know the scoop on this. My new goal in life is to hit 300 posts on this board before the World ends.

You can do it!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

7/26/2015 7:04 pm  #17


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Chainsaw wrote:

Scalydemon wrote:

Huh, I didn't know the scoop on this. My new goal in life is to hit 300 posts on this board before the World ends.

You can do it!

Perhaps - now that man in his foolishness has disturbed Those Ones Who Dwell on Yuggoth, the end may be not long delayed...

Last edited by Blackadder23 (7/26/2015 7:05 pm)


Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.
 

7/28/2015 9:54 am  #18


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Chainsaw wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Who knows what wonderous surprises yet await you, Handy...

1000-4999 If desired, select any AS&SH class (Bard) or variant (Skald)

Getting close to 1000 Handy!

That's Paladin Handy to you!

Or maybe Witch?

Can I PM you every day and change classes?

     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2015 11:44 am  #19


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Handy Haversack wrote:

Or maybe Witch?

Witch makes sense to me based on what BigPerm and Kevin say...

Can I PM you every day and change classes?

Once a year, unless you send me $5. 


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

7/29/2015 8:30 am  #20


Re: Hey, I'm a Sorcerer!

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Or maybe Witch?

Witch makes sense to me based on what BigPerm and Kevin say...

Can I PM you every day and change classes?

Once a year, unless you send me $5.

That wasn't part of the deal, Blackheart! It wasn't part!

     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.