!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2018 8:53 am  #21

Re: First few albums/cassettes you owned?

LP  – Kiss Rock and Roll Over
8 TRACK  – Kiss Alive II
Cassette – Police Ghost in the Machine
CD – Talking Heads Little Creatures

9/24/2018 2:30 pm  #22

Born 1964       Aerosmith- Rocks LP

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/24/2018 3:16 pm  #23

Born 1970. First four tapes I bought were Kilroy was Here by Styx, The Blind Leading the Naked by The Violent Femmes, Aerosmith's Greatest Hits, and Steppenwolf's Greatest Hits. I'm not sure what the fifth was, but it might have been Led Zeppelin's untitled fourth album.

The first concert I attended was Robert Plant's "Tall Cool One Tour" in 1988. The second was Bob Dylan's infamously bad 1990 performance in Charleston WV (seriously, there was an article in the paper complaining about it 15 years later). I think the third was B.B. King.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/24/2018 6:02 pm  #24

LP's, baby!
Utopia - Ra
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Kansas - Leftoverture

Beyond that memory is hazy, probably unreliable. Still love those albums, though...and have them.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/12/2024 11:42 am  #25

born in 1976.

i received Poison (look what the cat dragged in) and Beastie Boys (licensed to ill) on the same birthday along with a red tape recorder to listen to them with.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.