!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2017 5:29 pm  #1

Bladerunner 2049

Official trailer - fingers crossed!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/09/2017 10:22 am  #2

Re: Bladerunner 2049

Can't wait for this! Fingers crossed, indeed.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/09/2017 12:32 pm  #3

I will third the notion of fingers crossed

What? Me worry?

5/15/2017 8:05 pm  #4

Looking not-screwed-up so far, which is a good thing :D

The music's interesting---it reminded me of Vangelis' score in places, but apparently is completely new per http://www.slashfilm.com/johann-johannsson-on-the-challenges-of-scoring-blade-runner-2049/  I really liked Johansson's score for Arrival, so I'm cautiously-optimistic on that front as well

Allan.

11/25/2017 2:37 am  #5

I rarely venture to the theater but I had to see this one. It was a great film and exceeded my expectations. I'm sorry to see it didn't do too well financially but I feel that, like the original, film students will be writing their master's thesis about it in a decade or two.  

11/25/2017 7:00 am  #6

Forgot about this thread. I enjoyed it, too, Brock. Thought it was great!

12/01/2017 11:49 pm  #7

I was hoping to catch it a second time before it left the theatre, but missed it (unless it swings back through our second-run theatre). 

On the consolation prize side, though, I have a copy of the 2 CD limited edition soundtrack coming in the mail :D

Allan.

12/02/2017 7:30 am  #8

Can't believe I missed it. So consumed by late nights working, I never had the chance. Should have done it over Thanksgiving. Ahh, well, I'll see it as soon as it is available to rent. 

12/03/2017 8:57 am  #9

Ghul wrote:

Can't believe I missed it. So consumed by late nights working, I never had the chance. Should have done it over Thanksgiving. Ahh, well, I'll see it as soon as it is available to rent. 

Well, look on the bright side, you won't have a bunch of annoyingly loud, disruptive strangers in the audience if you watch it at home. If your kids are too loud, you can tell them to go away!

12/03/2017 9:39 am  #10

Chainsaw wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Well, look on the bright side, you won't have a bunch of annoyingly loud, disruptive strangers in the audience if you watch it at home. If your kids are too loud, you can tell them to go away!

Quite right, but I am going to regret not seeing it on the big screen. I know it has its detractors, but I actually enjoyed Prometheus, and regretted not seeing it on the big screen.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.