!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2016 8:04 pm  #1

Telly Savalas

Dude also needs his own thread. So smooth, in so much cool stuff. Please post your thoughts, favorites etc here.

Here is an interview with him 3 years before he died and he is still smooth as silk and cool as hell.

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

6/02/2016 8:07 am  #2

Re: Telly Savalas

"Who loves ya baby!"

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/02/2016 8:37 am  #3

Yeah, Telly! He was in a cool movie called Horror Train which also had Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Telly was a scenery chewing Cosack intercepting a Train in 1920's Mongolia or somewhere like that which also had a body-taking-over alien on board. Although not a fan of remakes; this particular movie is screaming for a remake. He also did a cool Western where he portrayed Poncho Villa and had Clint Walker as a sidekick; B movie like, but pretty good, and Telly seemed perfectly at home.  

6/02/2016 5:54 pm  #4

Telly Savalas had sort of a side career as a singer.
The cool thing is that he didn't even sing in his songs! Just talked in his voice.

Here is the original video of his biggest hit called If, which is a real treat if you haven't seen it give the man a watch and see how to act around a lady.

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

9/02/2016 6:13 pm  #5

He's a real role model!  I'd like to think I could pull off a shirt like that (I have my doubts).  I had been DVRing Kojac reruns on MeTV but we just switched to DirectTV from UVerse and now we don't have MeTV anymore.  If I had thought to check it might have been a deal killer!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.