!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2015 1:06 pm  #1

Welcome--back to the circus

At GaryCon last year, gizmomathboy gave me and BigPerm a copy of the rules for Circus Maximus because BigPerm bragged that he is going to win it this year. Needless to say, we remained unprepared.

Anyone have any advice or tutorials or know any good resources? Just an example of play might be useful.

12/02/2015 11:05 am  #2

Re: Welcome--back to the circus

If you go to the boardgamegeek page for it there are some downloads of The General that had some questions about it and give some decent tips about being a bastard.

I might also be inclined to drop a link here for those as well.

What? Me worry?

12/02/2015 11:08 am  #3

Also, on the the garycon forums I'm accepting ideas to make the moebius maximus track "interesting".

I probably should get around to submitting my garycon events...

What? Me worry?

12/23/2015 6:29 am  #4

I just ordered a copy of this. I'll be spending the next 2 months getting ready for GaryCon.
I guess I should also bone up on some Latin phrases to really set the mood.

Last edited by BigPerm (12/23/2015 6:30 am)

12/23/2015 10:14 am  #5

Alea iacta est!

12/23/2015 10:55 am  #6

BigPerm wrote:

I just ordered a copy of this. I'll be spending the next 2 months getting ready for GaryCon.
I guess I should also bone up on some Latin phrases to really set the mood.

Suges (You suck)

I flagellabunt vos sicut canis es ( I whip you like the dog you are)

Viam victori (Make way for the victor)

nunc te morientem terra (You die now)

moriemini (You die)

I suppose I could do this all day on Google Translate if I shouldn't be getting ready for xmas.

Look forward to see you at the races, Big Perm.

Also, fun to see how they get retranslated...badly by the same google translator.

Last edited by gizmomathboy (12/23/2015 10:57 am)

What? Me worry?

12/23/2015 11:20 am  #7

Mea navis volitans anguillis plena est (My hovercraft is full of eels--it could happen!)

12/23/2015 2:50 pm  #8

moriemini means something like "you will die", actually; the imperative form would be morere or morére.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.