!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2015 6:03 am  #21

Re: Gary Con VIII (2016)

Let's talk GC, fellows.

Can this be our biggest year for events yet? Maybe! I just emailed Luke and asked if AS&SH could be an event category instead of being in the "other" group.

So, here is what we're looking at:

Ghul: I'm good for 3 official games, and maybe 1 pick-up game.
Francisca: 1 or 2 games?
Chainsaw: 1 or 2 games?
Mabon: 1 or 2 games?
Handy: 1 or 2 games?
DMP: 1 or 2 games?

Anyone else? Stength in numbers! Even if each of you could run at least one game, that would be awesome. Let's chat about times here! My events always sell out quickly, so please don't worry about setting up your AS&SH event the same time I do. That way, if someone misses getting in my game, I can direct them to look into your game.

Possible personal/professional goal for this year: Have the Kickstarter for the hardback running at the con, with monitor set up for folks to see it live, right there. 

Thanks!

Jeff T.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/21/2015 7:44 am  #22

I'll be running 3.
Knives in the Dark
The Sword in the Moon
...and another slaughter-venture with the Esquimaux heroes.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/21/2015 7:58 am  #23

Ghul wrote:

Possible personal/professional goal for this year: Have the Kickstarter for the hardback running at the con, with monitor set up for folks to see it live, right there.  

BTW this is a great idea.  This would allow you to sell the new product instead of hauling boxes to the con not to mention putting a stake in the ground to get this done.  Although I still think there would be folks wanting to pick up the old version as a collector's item.  Pretty exciting!

While in my soul forever

9/21/2015 4:20 pm  #24

Ghul wrote:

Let's talk GC, fellows.

Can this be our biggest year for events yet? Maybe! I just emailed Luke and asked if AS&SH could be an event category instead of being in the "other" group.

So, here is what we're looking at:

Ghul: I'm good for 3 official games, and maybe 1 pick-up game.
Francisca: 1 or 2 games?
Chainsaw: 1 or 2 games?
Mabon: 1 or 2 games?
Handy: 1 or 2 games?
DMP: 1 or 2 games?

Anyone else? Stength in numbers! Even if each of you could run at least one game, that would be awesome. Let's chat about times here! My events always sell out quickly, so please don't worry about setting up your AS&SH event the same time I do. That way, if someone misses getting in my game, I can direct them to look into your game.

Thanks!

Jeff T.

This is an evil plot...in the best way possible. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

9/21/2015 4:24 pm  #25

I'd like to, but 03/06 is my wife's birthday... so not likely.

Maybe one of the other cons this year... maybe...

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/21/2015 7:35 pm  #26

One on-grid, possibly 2 others off-grid.
Much depends on a super secret project.

9/21/2015 8:31 pm  #27

If the Gary Con website cooperates, I'm theoretically running "The Pit" adapted for AS&SH™ on Friday from 12:00–6:00.

9/22/2015 4:27 pm  #28

Nice! I would recommend Mabon's or francisca's games to anyone, as I have played in both and had a really good time. Same for Handy, who ran my favorite game of Gary Con last year (a pick up game in the bar). I haven't played in DMPrata's game yet, but it's my #1 choice for Friday afternoon this year and I'm sure it will be great. Incidentally, Ghul's games aren't bad either (haha!).

I'm planning on running two games, one on Saturday afternoon and another on Sunday afternoon, both being a variation of what I'm runnning at Carnage this November. Not sure if it will be a four or six hour long block.

Event: The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Description: In the far reaches of Hyperborea's Crab Archipelago, lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point's waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and unusually frequent lightning storms. One Esquimaux fisherman even claims to have seen ghostly figures haunting the island's shores. Ariston Thalassa, an Atlantean sage in Khromarium, Hyperborea's largest city, has heard these strange tales and approached your party with a promising explanation. He believes Crystal Point may hold the ruins of a lost Atlantean colony - and its secrets! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/22/2015 8:26 pm  #29

Chainsaw wrote:

Event: The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Description: In the far reaches of Hyperborea's Crab Archipelago, lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point's waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and unusually frequent lightning storms. One Esquimaux fisherman even claims to have seen ghostly figures haunting the island's shores. Ariston Thalassa, an Atlantean sage in Khromarium, Hyperborea's largest city, has heard these strange tales and approached your party with a promising explanation. He believes Crystal Point may hold the ruins of a lost Atlantean colony - and its secrets! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach.

That adventure description gets me stoked for playing! Awesome stuff.

9/22/2015 8:57 pm  #30

Ghul wrote:

That adventure description gets me stoked for playing! Awesome stuff.

Thanks! I think I will probably distribute some clues (and map fragments) to the players, so that they can pursue whatever goal seems interesting to them. Welleran does this for his megadungeon each year and people really seem to like it. Plus, I will have run it several times by then, which always helps things go smoothly.

9/23/2015 7:54 am  #31

Wow! that looks like 10 games thus far with an additional 2 off grid.  Do we have any idea how many we would need to get the ASSH designated as an event category?

While in my soul forever

9/23/2015 8:13 am  #32

ligedog considered running a Hyperborea adventure last year. I'll point him to this thread.

9/24/2015 8:59 am  #33

I can run one--maybe one on one off? Of course, reading your postings makes it so all I want to do is play in *your* games, people. Stop being so bloody interesting!

Are we already telling GaryCon this stuff? The year is moving too damn fast!

9/24/2015 12:26 pm  #34

I'd love to run at least 1 AS&SH game on the grid - I'll plan on it! 

9/24/2015 12:58 pm  #35

Cool! Looks like we could potentially have 12 games through 7 different referees. 

Ghul 3, Mabon 3, Chainsaw 2, francisca 1, DMPrata 1, Handy 1, lige 1

9/24/2015 3:59 pm  #36

Wow, this is sounding AMAZING, fellows! I'm truly flattered and honored by the show of hands!

9/24/2015 11:00 pm  #37

I'm still working on my Hypoborean adventure, but I'm not sure whether it'll be ready to run for GaryCon.  Will keep you all posted.  If I do run it, it'll be off-grid.

Allan.

9/25/2015 5:16 am  #38

You had a lot of interesting ideas for an Underborea adveture, Allan, and I look forward to hearing more in the future!

9/25/2015 7:22 am  #39

grodog wrote:

I'm still working on my Hypoborean adventure, but I'm not sure whether it'll be ready to run for GaryCon.  Will keep you all posted.  If I do run it, it'll be off-grid.

Hope you finish, Allan. I'm sure it will be good!

9/25/2015 1:07 pm  #40

Put some thoughts to paper on the adventures to run....

Knives in the Dark:

Murder and false accusations have turned the city of Khromarium into a prison filled with many factions seeking your deaths.  Your list of allies grows shallow with old friends looking the other way.  Seek out the truth, find those turning the city against you, and kill them.  This is a mystery and fighting adventure with roleplaying elements using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea.

Snakes on a Plain: 
            The Yetis came five years ago to steal the women of the Exquimaux tribes on the Plain of Leng.  The Raven Clan led the battle against the bestial horde and brought a great slaughter upon them.  Now a new menace has raised its scaled head.  Serpent like figures have been spotted in the mists, just on the fringes of the driven snow.  The tribes have seen their young ones taken for abominable purposes.  Now the bravest of the Raven Clan must answer the call for there are Snakes on a Plain.  This is a fighting adventure using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea.

The Sword in the Moon:
The ocean voyage would be good for the group.  Get away from the same old employers and breath the air of the open sea.  Good coin to help steal a weapon of some repute the “Sword in the Moon.”  Little did you know joining this pirate crew would send you sailing on a fool’s errand to Phobos, the red moon of Hyperborea.   This is a fighting adventure with some roleplaying elements using the acclaimed Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea.

While in my soul forever

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.