!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2015 2:33 pm  #101

Re: The Next Three Modules

francisca wrote:

Impressive.  I think gizmomathboy and I are gonna have to have a knife fight to see who runs these......

Well, we can each do one and draw blades for the third. No need to be greedy. :-)

What? Me worry?

5/01/2015 4:40 pm  #102

The video is coming along nicely. We filmed the part where I talk last week, and now I've inserted that into a slide of a powerpoint I've been building, and lastly I will turn it into a complete movie file for KS. But before that, the next step is the music: I've got my buddy's punk band for some riffs and drums to set the mood, so now I've got to figure out how to transition the music from slides, fade out for my presentation, then fade back in as the slides resume. It's going well, so far, my friends.  

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/01/2015 5:14 pm  #103

That's great to hear!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/02/2015 8:41 pm  #104

Ghul wrote:

Thank you! We are mere days away from launch. I know it's been a long wait, and I appreciate the patience of readers and contributors alike.

Excellent news, Jeff! =)

Allan.

5/03/2015 7:11 am  #105

So, the thng I mentioned in my above post? Having music play over several slides, fading it out on one slide that has the video of me talking, and then fading it back in for the remainder of slides? Well, you can't do it on the mac 2011 version of powerpoint. I've looked it up and found many people from all around the world bemoaning the fact that the mac version lacks features that the PC version has had for years. The microsoft forums suggest that I tell them what features I'd like to see in future versions of the software. There is a third party application called "audactiy" that can do it, but I've found it not very user friendly. So, I'm in Florida at the moment. I'll continue this when I get home to my PC desktop. Meantime, I've started the Kickstarter page, building it piece by piece. Thank you, fellows!

5/03/2015 7:20 am  #106

No worries, Jeff. Does not seem like a critical component to me. 

Safe travels!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/03/2015 7:32 am  #107

Chainsaw wrote:

Safe travels!

Thanks! I know, it's not critical, but it's annoying, because it seems so basic. Fading music in and out of slides as opposed to abrupt starts and stops is seems like it should be a very basic feature. 

5/03/2015 7:36 am  #108

Ghul wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Safe travels!

Thanks! I know, it's not critical, but it's annoying, because it seems so basic. Fading music in and out of slides as opposed to abrupt starts and stops is seems like it should be a very basic feature. 

Agreed - I can see how that would be very frustrating, especially when you guys have put so much time and effort into creating three high-quality modules. Nevertheless, it will all go well, I am sure of it! 

5/03/2015 7:51 am  #109

Good luck Jeff, Thanks for keeping us posted!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/03/2015 4:26 pm  #110

If you have iMovie you should be able to do it with that.

5/04/2015 4:28 pm  #111

IM CHOMPING AT THE BIT!!!

5/04/2015 4:54 pm  #112

The Kickstarter is not live, but I will share it with you as I build it, my friends. The video remains a work-in-progress. But here is a sort of placeholder preview: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1806106772/1266142924?token=79923b6d

5/04/2015 5:28 pm  #113

I'm starting to wonder if all this build-up is intentional Jeff, people are practically begging for their money to be taken 

5/04/2015 5:54 pm  #114

Anyone know where I can buy F5 keys in bulk? I'm going through them like potato chips!

5/04/2015 6:07 pm  #115

SavageGM wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy F5 keys in bulk? I'm going through them like potato chips!

Haha!

5/05/2015 10:31 am  #116

SavageGM wrote:

They're reeeeeeeeally good adventures too...

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/05/2015 5:16 pm  #117

Blackadder23 wrote:

SavageGM wrote:

They're reeeeeeeeally good adventures too...

Cruel and Unusual Punishment
Such punishment as would amount to torture or barbarity, any cruel and degrading punishment not known to the Common Law, or any fine, penalty, confinement, or treatment that is so disproportionate to the offense as to shock the moral sense of the community.

5/05/2015 5:59 pm  #118

Ha ha! I'll be back to work on the KS page tonight, hopefully. Otherwise, it will be tomorrow night. Thanks for the continued interest, fellows! It truly inspires me and keeps me excited about creating and overseeing the creation of more AS&SH projects.  

5/05/2015 6:55 pm  #119

Ghul wrote:

It truly inspires me and keeps me excited about creating and overseeing the creation of more AS&SH projects.  

PLEASE DO!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/06/2015 9:13 am  #120

Blackadder23 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

It truly inspires me and keeps me excited about creating and overseeing the creation of more AS&SH projects.  

PLEASE DO!

Seconded!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.