!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2014 5:01 pm  #1

A dark crusade indeed

Happy Thanksgiving, Hyperborea!

11/26/2014 6:05 pm  #2

Re: A dark crusade indeed

Some well read books! Well guarded, too! ;)

What's on the cassette?

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/26/2014 6:11 pm  #3

Jane's Addiction--live!

11/26/2014 6:31 pm  #4

Did you steal it? ;)

11/26/2014 7:22 pm  #5

Well, I didn't ranger it up!

11/26/2014 8:01 pm  #6

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends. I hope you find some time to relax and enjoy time with your family and friends.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/26/2014 8:04 pm  #7

Same to you, Chain. It will be a glorious day of family, beer, eating, football, and beer. Have a good one!

11/26/2014 8:10 pm  #8

And whisky!

11/27/2014 1:17 am  #9

I picked up a decent 5th of Rye at Wine & More today to help me tolerate my in-laws tomorrow. I am going to bring backgammon and Alhambra over there in case things die down a bit and I can get a little game going.

Happy thanksgiving, and Oh yeah go Hawks!

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

11/27/2014 9:52 am  #10

I grabbed Tomatin for sippin' purposes and J&B for hot toddies. The fifteen-pack of Founder's All-Day IPA has sadly dwindled. Guess I went shopping too early. The whisky will also help me ignore how New York sports have become nationally irrelevant. At least the Jets can't screw up when they're not playing.

Who am I kidding? Of course they can.

Happy day, all.

11/27/2014 11:12 am  #11

Here is a pic of the type of Rye I have become quite fond of. I am probably on my 8th bottle or so. It is reasonably priced if you have a store with a good selection near you (such as Wine & More). Also it is 100 proof so that helps

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

11/28/2014 9:17 am  #12

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I spent part of mine relaxing with family, part researching viking age Denmark and part working. And eating too much!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

11/26/2015 12:16 pm  #13

Happy Thanksgiving, Hyperborea!

11/26/2015 9:00 pm  #14

joseph wrote:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I spent part of mine relaxing with family, part researching viking age Denmark and part working. And eating too much!

Happy Thanksgiving! I happen to be studying the same topic of late; I'm wondering if you have an recommended sources, Joe.

At present, I'm studying the Sagas. I spent a long time on Egil -- reading, re-reading, and researching as I read it. 

11/27/2015 3:25 pm  #15

Belated Happy Thanksgiving my friends! Hope you found some time to relax with your families.

11/27/2015 7:07 pm  #16

Same here: a day late (and a sequin short...), but we're about to plumb the depths of The Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent, after a fantabulous feast (lich-free).

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

11/27/2015 7:21 pm  #17

rhialto wrote:

Same here: a day late (and a sequin short...), but we're about to plumb the depths of The Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent, after a fantabulous feast (lich-free).

Nice! I am jealous.

11/28/2015 2:10 pm  #18

Just wrapped up the adventure: mixed party of Old Guard and Young Guard (dads & kids) did great, with lots of inventive things to triumph over the denizens of the crypt. My heart warmed when the OG failed to recognize rust monsters! 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.