!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2014 9:39 pm  #1

Smokes

Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary. Solid medium-bodied smoke. Little Founders Breakfast Stout, Mercyful Fate and a chill in the air and you're ready to go.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/08/2014 8:48 am  #2

Re: Smokes

You had me at Mercyful Fate. Don't Break the Oath or Melissa? Medium-bodied cigar is just right for me. Lately I've found that a good IPA blends great with a decent cigar.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/09/2014 12:42 pm  #3

Aww hell yeah.  I'm a recent convert from Punch to Rocky Patel.  Never had that breakfast stout, so I'd substitute with a Left Hand Milk Stout, and I'd probably replace the Merciful Fate with some Mars Volta. :-)

3/11/2014 7:46 pm  #4

Nice Chain. Nice!
--Ron--
PS: hope to post soon!

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

3/11/2014 8:17 pm  #5

Ghul wrote:

You had me at Mercyful Fate. Don't Break the Oath or Melissa?

Well, I have a greatest hits album that has songs from both. I bought it when I was first getting into Mercyful Fate, after hearing Metallica's homage on the late 90s Garage Inc album. I probably need to get the originals now. 

Ghul wrote:

Medium-bodied cigar is just right for me. Lately I've found that a good IPA blends great with a decent cigar.

I'm actually not a huge IPA fan, but there are a few I enjoy, like Great Divide's Hercules Doubel IPA. I have a few of those in the fridge, so maybe I'll try the combo out this weekend.

Druvas wrote:

Never had that breakfast stout, so I'd substitute with a Left Hand Milk Stout

I thought every stout was a breakfast stout? Haha! Seriously, though, Founder's makes a great beer and their Breakfast Stout is really good. It's an 8.6% Imperial Stout that's infused with "Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal." I can't say that I can pull out everyone one of those flavors, but it's good. I like the Left Hand Milk Stout as well, by the way. Really, really smooth beer.

@Ron - We'll be waiting!

3/12/2014 2:57 pm  #6

The missus gave up beer for Lent. Sigh. She does most of the buying cause she makes it to the stores before they close. Stupid New Jersey and their weird beer regulations... stupid social work and it's stupid hours. Now I'm jonesing Guiness, or Jewbelation (http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/HEBREW/j14.html) or Troegenator... or all three. Man. 

3/12/2014 3:05 pm  #7

rredmond wrote:

The missus gave up beer for Lent. Sigh. She does most of the buying cause she makes it to the stores before they close. Stupid New Jersey and their weird beer regulations... stupid social work and it's stupid hours. Now I'm jonesing Guiness, or Jewbelation (http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/HEBREW/j14.html) or Troegenator... or all three. Man. 

How is the ole' Hebrew?  I've heard about it but never had the chutzpah to give it a taste. ;-)  Any of you guys use the Untappd app?

3/12/2014 6:04 pm  #8

I don't use that app. But I really liked the Jewbelation. I like my beers strong in taste and alcohol content. Give me a heady porter and I'm in heaven!
--Ron--

3/12/2014 6:43 pm  #9

rredmond wrote:

I don't use that app. But I really liked the Jewbelation. I like my beers strong in taste and alcohol content. Give me a heady porter and I'm in heaven!
--Ron--

Have you tried Heady Topper? I think it's only available in Vermont, and among some people I know it's hoarded like gold, Jerry. Gold! Probably Ghul has more regular access than we lower down the coast.

3/12/2014 6:51 pm  #10

Hasn't made it's way to South Jersey, but I'll keep a weather eye out for it!
Thanks!!

4/17/2014 10:09 pm  #11

gaH...

4/25/2014 8:28 pm  #12

Patron 1964. Nice, smooth medium-bodied smoke.

4/25/2014 8:32 pm  #13

Wreathed in smoke. Fantastic. You just inspired me, but darn it, it is still cold up here!

4/25/2014 9:14 pm  #14

Arturo Fuente, Cubanitos -- light bodied cigarillo.

4/25/2014 9:15 pm  #15

Aw yeah! A little cold never stopped Hyperborea's Dread Necromancer.

4/26/2014 7:54 am  #16

Nice.  You're only missing a Slayer tee-shirt. ;-)

5/02/2014 9:04 pm  #17

Super smoothe... Patron 1964 Family Reserve + Witchcraft

5/03/2014 4:39 am  #18

Nice ash!
Dang Chain... I can smell that cigar ffrom here! 

5/03/2014 7:19 am  #19

I still have a Rocky Patel sitting in my humidor that I need to smoke.  I think that, with a nice glass of Evan Williams Single Barrel, would cap my evening tonight.

5/03/2014 8:29 am  #20

Druvas wrote:

I still have a Rocky Patel sitting in my humidor that I need to smoke.  I think that, with a nice glass of Evan Williams Single Barrel, would cap my evening tonight.

I need to get myself a small, compact humidor. Something that holds no more than 20 or 30 cigars. I'm tired of my cigars falling apart at the end when I clip them for smoking. Although, those new hole-punchers seem to work better than the little guillotine.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.