!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2014 9:26 pm  #41

Re: Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

capitalbill wrote:

Ghul wrote:

There are some great setting elements at work here -- the mage at the back of the bridge is an Ixian, the woman might be a Kelt, the tall guy is Hyperborean, and the big guy at the point is Kimmerian. Melting pot adventuring party -- S&S style. ;)

I'm really liking this cover; still true to fantasy gaming but slightly skewed to swords & sorcery: ziggurat/pyramid/temple in place of a dungeon below a castle, dinosaur in place of a dragon, and a S&S adventuring troupe in place of a standard D&D party.

What he said!

capitalbill wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Up to you, Bill. If you want to read it and I think it fits our game, I'm happy to run it as an already-plundered tomb and shuffle up the monsters and traps, just as I am doing with the Charnel Crypt. You won't know what of your knowledge to trust and what to ignore.

Nah, I'll let you read it and let me know if you're using it. Although with my faulty memory I don't think you need to change anything- you could be running Charnel Crypt straight from the module and I still wouldn't be able to recall any knowledge to trust.

Sounds good - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/01/2014 9:08 am  #42

I am very excited about Val's cover. It conveys quite a bit about the setting and the adventure, while connecting Lemuria to greater Hyperborea with the multi-cultural party. As Jeff has shared the progress with me, it has only improved and I can't wait to see the completed version!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

9/11/2014 5:27 pm  #43

And here I present Val Semeiks's inked version of the cover to Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess. It is next to be colored by Daisey Bingham, the wife of John Bingham, who is doing the interior illustrations for Forgotten Fane, Ghost Ship, and Comet.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/12/2014 9:47 am  #44

Very, very cool!

9/12/2014 3:46 pm  #45

Very cool - seems to be coming along nicely.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/12/2014 4:02 pm  #46

That looks great!
Can't wait to see it in color!

Last edited by Blackadder23 (9/12/2014 4:02 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/18/2014 5:38 pm  #47

Here is Del's newest illustration for this module:

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/24/2014 6:19 pm  #48

Looks like a bowman about to become breakfast to me ;)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.