!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2014 9:14 am  #1

If Lightly Armoured or Unarmoured...

A number of subclasses, like the barbarian and beserker for example, have thief abilities they can use when lightly armoured or unarmoured. Thieves, however, can use those abilities wearing medium armor with a reduction in success chance.

Is that an intentional difference or an artifact from older rules? I can't see making that distinction except to preserve a bit of niche protection. That makes sense, but I wanted to double check.

Thanks.

7/01/2014 10:06 am  #2

Re: If Lightly Armoured or Unarmoured...

Perhaps poor execution on my part. If you look at the barbarian "climb" ability for example, it does mention lightly armoured or unarmoured, but it also tells you to reference the thief chart with the ability. At that chart, there is a footnote about wearing medium armour. This applies to the barbarian, too. (Or berserker, as the case may be.) I've made a note to make this more clear in the future printing of the game.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

7/01/2014 10:58 am  #3

Re: If Lightly Armoured or Unarmoured...

Ok, that makes sense. I think the word "must" is the confusing bit.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.