!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2014 2:41 pm  #61

Re: Brew

Looks fantastic! Holy crow, color me very, very jealous.
Jonesing a cigar right now.
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

5/23/2014 8:55 am  #62

I was just going through some old pictures from my iPhone and found this.  It was from the bachelor party of a close friend.  It was such an epic night that these pictures had to be posted here (since it involved alcohol).  We started at the Maryland Rennaisance Festival (world class renfaire if you've never been!) and then drove into DC to a German Beer Garden where beer was only served by the liter!  These beers were all Weihanstephaner (even the dark one), arguably the best Hefeweizen in the world.  Won't bore you with all the details but the night ended at a famous strip club in DC and we were wearing cloaks.  Kinda awkward. :-) Sorry fellas, no pics from the strip club!

5/29/2014 6:40 pm  #63

Homebrew. PBR umbrella. War dog.

Haversack. Homebrew. Hop arbor. Smoke.

Hop arbor. PBR umbrella. And the White Wind is blowing from beyond the Wall of Sleep!

New York City!

5/29/2014 6:54 pm  #64

Awesome.  I'm still drying out from the 3 day weekend.  EW Single barrel friday night.  Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy Sat. night, and EW Single barrel + Weihenstephaner sunday night. My liver said enough is enough. :-)  I can't handle all that like I could when I was younger.  Turning 40 years old was like running into a brick wall.

So you have that much green space in NYC?! 

5/29/2014 7:00 pm  #65

Oh, man, I just hit my stride again after the weekend. I closed a bar and then stayed up till 8:30 AM Sat. night with a friend. Somehow made it to a party Sunday afternoon, too. What a mess. The three-day hangover is the worst thing about getting older. Do it to someone else!

Yes, we're lucky. Got a ground-floor apt. in a rent-stabilized bldg. a few years before the neighborhood took off and gentrified. We both work for nonprofits but can have a decent yard. It probably looks bigger in the pic than it is--it's about 20X40.

5/29/2014 7:02 pm  #66

Great pictures! I'm in love with the newest brew by Sam Adams: Rebel IPA!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/29/2014 8:25 pm  #67

I don't think I've seen that around here. You New Englanders should keep an eye out for beers from Element Brewing ("Art. Science. Beer."). A buddy of mine runs the place. Great stuff. You can find it on tap or in champagne-sized bottles at good beer stores in New England. It's out of the Pioneer Valley in Mass.

5/29/2014 9:24 pm  #68

Ghul wrote:

Great pictures! I'm in love with the newest brew by Sam Adams: Rebel IPA!

Very tasty IPA, that one.

Interestingly enough, while I haven't encountered a specialty Sam Adams that I didn't enjoy I am not a fan of their standard brew. Maybe that's a bit odd.

5/30/2014 5:17 am  #69

Standard Sam Adams is, frankly, mediocre.  But, as Handy said, their specialty beers are often really good.  I'm a fan of the Cherry Wheat myself.

6/28/2014 9:26 pm  #70

It's Saturday night. Wife is camping with the two little ones, and I just dropped off my oldest to work a night shift at his job at CVS. So, now I'm home, just me and my good buddy, Murph.

6/28/2014 9:36 pm  #71

Nice! Enjoy it.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/29/2014 8:44 am  #72

A rate pleasure, I'm sure!  Enjoy. 

I'm on a whirlwind driving tour of the South-East, NC, SC, GA and FL, culminating with a few days of Disney hell. I did get out to a cool little dive bar outside of Atlanta last night and made the aquaintance of a bottle of Jameson's.  :-)

6/29/2014 6:52 pm  #73

6/29/2014 10:05 pm  #74

Very nice, Chain. Very nice.

7/01/2014 6:56 pm  #75

Worked the first time, so I figured I'd try it again.

7/03/2014 8:23 pm  #76

Rebel, rebel, you've torn your dress. Rebel, rebel, your face is a mess . . .

7/04/2014 8:38 am  #77

Chillin with some good friends in Brunswick, GA after a multi-family Disney whirwind trip.  So worn out, I needed several of these last night. :-)  Left Hand Brewing is one of my favorite breweries these days.  Yummy goodness keeps coming from them.  

7/05/2014 4:12 pm  #78

7/11/2014 11:04 am  #79

Mmmmm...

7/11/2014 11:54 am  #80

Um, hell yeah that's yum. :-)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.