!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2022 9:10 am  #1

PAX Unplugged in Philly

Has anybody run a game or participated in PAX Unplugged? It's coming up again and from what I remember there really isn't any preregistering for games; basically you go to the table of the game you'd like to play and hope there is a seat. Is that accurate?

11/11/2022 2:54 pm  #2

Re: PAX Unplugged in Philly

Figuring out how to play in or run a game at PAX Unplugged was difficult, the last time I went two or three years ago. People had to stand in a line at a registration desk to see what games had openings. Sadly, they remain in the Jurassic era of event creation and participation. I hope this changes in the future. I have voiced my concerns, but I think it fell on deaf ears.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/11/2022 5:38 pm  #3

Re: PAX Unplugged in Philly

Yep, when we went at that same time period a few years ago, it was just that, get up early to wait in line to get on a schedule and get seated for an event...very strange.  Pretty epic though, and the games we did get into were really fun with good players and refs!  If you're comfortable sort of getting what you get, it was pretty cool.  Kids on Bikes, or Fiasco, or CoC or other systems too did show up, but mostly 5E at the time.  But yes, if you were cherry picking a Hyperborea game, pretty tough to get into it!  Maybe they will change their approach or develop something like Tabletop Events.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.