!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2019 6:06 pm  #21

Re: AS&SH-PG Campaign Maps

Ghul wrote:

Amazing work! Sorry so late to respond. I love what you've done, Zak!

Thanks very much!

9/09/2022 11:00 am  #22

Hey Zak, is the high res unkeyed version of your Khromarium map available somewhere?  I'd love to use it for an upcoming game.

9/09/2022 2:46 pm  #23

Fantastic Work Zak!!

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

9/09/2022 7:57 pm  #24

BlackKnight wrote:

Fantastic Work Zak!!

Thanks!!

9/09/2022 7:59 pm  #25

under_score wrote:

Hey Zak, is the high res unkeyed version of your Khromarium map available somewhere?  I'd love to use it for an upcoming game.

Sure I’ll send you a direct message!

11/02/2022 12:01 pm  #26

beautiful maps!

11/04/2022 3:53 am  #27

These are great. Is there any way I can get a copy of the image?

11/04/2022 7:23 am  #28

Excellent stuff!! I'd like a hi-res version of the keyed map of Khromarium.

invidus es nostris quoniam tu talia nescis

"It's said that governments are chiefed by the double tongues" - Ten Bears (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

11/13/2022 10:35 pm  #29

deathknight4044 wrote:

These are great. Is there any way I can get a copy of the image?

Just sent you a private message with the links

11/13/2022 10:36 pm  #30

3rik wrote:

Excellent stuff!! I'd like a hi-res version of the keyed map of Khromarium.

Just sent you a private message with the links   Enjoy!

11/14/2022 6:21 am  #31

I added Web's fantastic maps to my Flickr site.

Also used it for my Mammoth Tower exploit, but I texted on map varied locations, but they might not suit every person.

Khromarium and Northward: | Flickr

Khromarium Keyed 04 | Nialldubh | Flickr

11/14/2022 9:24 am  #32

Hey Zak, I see your using Obsidian. How do you like it? I've been moving into it (slowly), and like it so far...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

11/23/2022 12:52 pm  #33

Caveman wrote:

Also used it for my Mammoth Tower exploit, but I texted on map varied locations, but they might not suit every person.

Nice I like that font for the title too !

11/23/2022 12:54 pm  #34

BlackKnight wrote:

Hey Zak, I see your using Obsidian. How do you like it? I've been moving into it (slowly), and like it so far...

We’ve been using it for a while off and on.  But was best for an accessible searchable database for campaign notes.  I think it’s good but you could do similar functionality on google drive etc.  but I’ve kept it going just to have that record . Another friend uses it too and again anything can work well if you have the champions to really take the notes and get things uploaded.  That’s the hardest part!

11/24/2022 5:59 am  #35

WebwayDrifter wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Nice I like that font for the title too !

Cheers Man, glad you enjoy!

Last edited by Caveman (11/24/2022 6:00 am)

12/06/2022 1:01 pm  #36

WebwayDrifter wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

We’ve been using it for a while off and on. But was best for an accessible searchable database for campaign notes. I think it’s good but you could do similar functionality on google drive etc. but I’ve kept it going just to have that record . Another friend uses it too and again anything can work well if you have the champions to really take the notes and get things uploaded. That’s the hardest part!

I've been pulling in data like a Madman. I'm pulling full descriptions of all the classes, Building out all the common tables, and my big one to date is building a "Monster" template and learning to pull in a .CSV and auto-populating all of the monsters from the CSV... I had a CSV that someone made for the 2nd edition a while back, I put in the new monsters in the 3rd edition book, along with adding all the monsters from the Modules that I own. Then ran the script a couple of times to make sure it worked and Ta Da! A full folder of all the monsters for Hyperborea. Note I was going to try to get TTRPG Stat Blocks working but was having a VERY frustrating time creating a new template to use, so I just pulled them in as a template formatted file. Example Below:

Also, I'll be heading down to Argentina over the holidays and I'm bringing my laptop with me so in my downtime can continue to code things out.

Been working hard on trying to build out a system to use Obsidian for all the data, with OwlBear.Rodeo for Battle Maps, and Discord for Voice, for my Online game. I think I'll get it working pretty well. I'm also planning to use an Obsidian plugin called the "second screen" to use as a Shared window in Discord so I can share pictures and maps on the fly...

Also, though I'm not remotely a "Coder", I have some background in it, but not for a long time. I'm definitely picking up Markdown pretty good, so that's a plus...

(Note, yes Experience is missing, there was a misspelling that I didn't correct, need to correct and re-import the CSV to re-build.

Last edited by BlackKnight (12/06/2022 1:10 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

12/06/2022 1:33 pm  #37

BlackKnight wrote:

I've been pulling in data like a Madman.

Shew!  Awesome!  And totally crazy...lol...my Roll20 is pretty heftily updated for 3E items now too in a similar fashion, but much more manual entry required.

12/06/2022 1:49 pm  #38

WebwayDrifter wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

I've been pulling in data like a Madman.

Shew!  Awesome!  And totally crazy...lol...my Roll20 is pretty heftily updated for 3E items now too in a similar fashion, but much more manual entry required.

Ya, I was heavy into Roll20 but realized that I was spending over 10-14 hours every week getting everything in to run a 4-hour game on Thursdays...

Now, yes, I'm doing like 10-20 hours a week getting everything into Obsidian right now, but once I get what I want in, then it's just writing up what I want to run the characters through, and everything backlinks into the data already in the Obsidian DB...

EX, if I have an NPC that is a thief, I can just backlink all the thieving abilities, the ethnic descriptions, his location details, etc, etc and be able to answer any and every question, and be able to run that NPC much better as I don't have to look back into any books, look up any tables/spells, everything is linked and pops up when needed...

Last edited by BlackKnight (12/06/2022 2:12 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

3/07/2023 10:31 am  #39

These are some great maps. Love the detail!

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.