!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2022 12:54 am  #1

Monsters of Saturn

When envisioning Saturn what are some of the monsters you see as prevalent? The monster manual in the referees guide mentions that some demons may dwell on the moons of saturn. There's also the hyperborea story that takes place on saturn, which describes siblings of xathaqua, villages of headless beings, stylite flightless birds, and pygmies.

Does anything else come to mind?

8/02/2022 7:19 am  #2

Re: Monsters of Saturn

Lovecraft mentions the cats from Saturn.

https://lovecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Cat_from_Saturn

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

8/03/2022 12:09 pm  #3

I have a group of PCs in my campaign who are exploring Saturn now. I have a lot of crystal-based lifeforms and a lot of critters inspired by CAS's Door to Saturn.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/08/2022 9:31 pm  #4

CAS's Door to Saturn, is one story I use for monsters and such too.

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

8/09/2022 7:49 am  #5

Here are a pair I whipped up a couple of years ago. Too, the formless spawn of Xathoqqua (included as a new monster in The Late Trapper’s Lament) are thought to originate from Saturn.

8/09/2022 9:52 am  #6

DMPrata wrote:

Here are a pair I whipped up a couple of years ago. Too, the formless spawn of Xathoqqua (included as a new monster in The Late Trapper’s Lament) are thought to originate from Saturn.

Those are both great. I have to introduce these into my Saturn campaign! I'd forgotten about them, so thanks for the reminder.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/09/2022 1:25 pm  #7

My goodness those are some nasty beasts

What? Me worry?

8/23/2022 3:50 pm  #8

Alien/monster we use in our game.

https://flic.kr/p/2nGbUSr

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

9/15/2022 5:06 am  #9

Some very inspiring stuff here. Thanks!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.