!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2022 6:36 pm  #5061

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

The hairs on the back of Votin's neck stand on end as he hears a rustle in the foliage behind him. Suddenly a powerful force knocks him off his feet in a blur of dark and light shaggy fur!

[Votin roll death(poison) save!]
[Votin roll d6 int. state actions, rolls, etc.!]

[1d20+2]=15+2=17 +2 for Hardy

[1d6]=6

Votin will turn and face whatever it is that bit him and if still standing...attack.

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/16/2022 6:43 pm)

5/18/2022 12:58 pm  #5062

The foul stench of the crazed wolverine floods Votin's nostrils as he scrambles on the ground. Votin twists around to attack the beast!

[Votin roll attack die at -2 for 1/2 prone penalty.]

5/18/2022 6:04 pm  #5063

Iron Ranger wrote:

The foul stench of the crazed wolverine floods Votin's nostrils as he scrambles on the ground. Votin twists around to attack the beast!

[1d20-1]=2-1=1

+1,-2, just going to call i t  a -1, however I'll just skip the damage roll.

5/18/2022 7:13 pm  #5064

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[1d20-1]=2-1=1

+1,-2, just going to call i t  a -1, however I'll just skip the damage roll.

The nasty wolverine easily dodges and somersaults back on top of Votin in an attempt to pin the barbarian to the ground. 4! Votin manages to evade the restraint, but it only makes the reeking flash of fur more infuriated and it bares its gnashing sharp teeth!

[end of round 1]
[Votin state intentions and roll int!]

5/19/2022 5:10 pm  #5065

[1d6]=3

Votin will try to increase his distance, backing up,  from the rabid furball but will swing if attacked.

He furiously searches his brain for some sort of defense or way to run this thing off.

5/21/2022 9:28 am  #5066

OK, now does Tillak hear the commotion?

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/21/2022 9:44 am  #5067

SullyB74 wrote:

OK, now does Tillak hear the commotion?

Ok, now Tillak hears some sharp snarls and growls behind him through the wood.

5/22/2022 11:25 am  #5068

Tillak spins around. "What was that?!" Tillak hisses. He moves in the direction of the noise.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/22/2022 6:50 pm  #5069

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak spins around. "What was that?!" Tillak hisses. He moves in the direction of the noise.

The wild man grabs Tillak's arm, keeping him at the cliff's edge! "No! Danger in canoes!"

5/24/2022 3:29 pm  #5070

Tillak rips his arm away. "My companions may be in danger! I must help them!"

5/24/2022 3:33 pm  #5071

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak rips his arm away. "My companions may be in danger! I must help them!"

The wild man's determined face falls.

5/26/2022 1:54 pm  #5072

Tillak leans in. "If you help me, then I will help you," he says.

5/26/2022 2:33 pm  #5073

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak leans in. "If you help me, then I will help you," he says.

The wild man contemplates. "You make promise, magic man...You better keep."

5/26/2022 2:55 pm  #5074

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=3

Votin will try to increase his distance, backing up,  from the rabid furball but will swing if attacked.

He furiously searches his brain for some sort of defense or way to run this thing off.

The wolverine senses Votin's withdrawal as weakness and lunges with terrible claw 19!  claw 3! and gnashing teeth 6!
A single claw tears past an opening in the armor, slicing open exposed flesh!

[Votin -1HP]
[end of phase 1." Votin swings" rolls please.]

5/28/2022 7:42 pm  #5075

[1d20+2]=11+2=13

[1d8+2]=1+2=3
[OOC: Not Votin's best effort.]

5/30/2022 9:26 am  #5076

The crazed beast easily dodges the lumbering swing of Votin's huge battle axe!

[end of round. Votin state intention, roll int, attacks, etc.]

5/31/2022 3:33 am  #5077

Tillak has begun moving in the direction of the commotion.

5/31/2022 9:43 am  #5078

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak has begun moving in the direction of the commotion.

Tillak races back toward the noises and finds the new barbarian on the trail being attacked by a large wolverine!

5/31/2022 6:31 pm  #5079

Iron Ranger wrote:

The crazed beast easily dodges the lumbering swing of Votin's huge battle axe!

[end of round. Votin state intention, roll int, attacks, etc.]

[1d6]=1

if Votin is close to a tree, he will back up and try to smash or scrape the beastie off.

If that,s not a option and he is free from the creature, Votin will try and cleave it with his axe.

[1d20+2]=8+2=10

[1d8+2]=4+2=6

[OOC: Just how big is this thing?]

5/31/2022 9:33 pm  #5080

OOC: Do I roll initiative?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.