!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2021 6:54 am  #1

Your top/fave Hyperborea modules

Hi I would like to know your top/fave official Hyperborea modules. Thank you Happy holidays!

1/03/2022 9:46 am  #2

Re: Your top/fave Hyperborea modules

I'm very partial to Sea Wolf's Daughter, as I'm a Norse enthusiast. but all are great...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/09/2022 9:51 am  #3

BlackKnight wrote:

I'm very partial to Sea Wolf's Daughter, as I'm a Norse enthusiast. but all are great...

Yikes; that's the one that wiped out all but one of our diminished party....so my fave is probably Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess as I like Lost World/dinosaur adventures & because it was the last module our group escaped fully intact

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

1/10/2022 1:50 pm  #4

Rats in the walls is a great little starter adventure. Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes was great as well. 

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

1/22/2022 3:40 pm  #5

Its hard to beat mystery at port greely, though ghost ship is a close second. 

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

1/22/2022 6:11 pm  #6

My favorites always seem to be what I am preparing now for publication, so that means (at this moment, anyhow) The Thousand Eyes of Thaumagorga, by Ben Ball, and The Vanishing Isles of the Summer King, by Johnathan Bingham.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/22/2022 8:30 pm  #7

Ghul wrote:

My favorites always seem to be what I am preparing now for publication, so that means (at this moment, anyhow) The Thousand Eyes of Thaumagorga, by Ben Ball, and The Vanishing Isles of the Summer King, by Johnathan Bingham.

Those sound extremely badass

Last edited by Master Magician Rennalds (1/23/2022 10:00 am)

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

1/23/2022 11:53 am  #8

Ghul wrote:

Well well well...thanks for the subtle hint! 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/28/2022 7:26 pm  #9

i have GMed the 1/3 of the "Rats in the Walls and other Perils" and then it "derailed" to my players exploring the River Oceanus in a Major Campaign and now we are gonna start "Anthropophagi of Xambala" on my channel.
i have all adventures that North Wind has on DriveThruRPG but i had the most fun playing "Rats in the Walls", even though it was only 1/3.  "Anthropophagi of Xambala" as i read it i find it an even better. so i'm going with these two.

-Gladiator, What is best in life?
-The inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents,  terrifying vistas of reality,  the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.
-Yee... wait... what ... WHAT?

2/07/2022 9:27 am  #10

I playtested many of the published adventures at GaryCon and NTX over the years, and I’ve really enjoyed all of them. Favorites include:

- Beneath the Comet
- Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess
- Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes
- The Lost Treasure of Atlantis

Allan.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.