!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2021 11:06 pm  #141

Re: pc or pregen generator

Well, I have something that seems to work

https://www.gizmomathboy.com/spellbook

I don't have the "fun" spellcasters like shaman, rangers, bard, etc. Those will require some thought and interface stuff.

Logging isn't working so I need to figure out why not so if you find and error and I have some chance to figure out why.

What? Me worry?

6/12/2021 11:50 pm  #142

well, I got some logging sorted out so I should be able to know why something breaks if it breaks. I hope.

So, have at it.

What? Me worry?

6/13/2021 6:38 am  #143

Several quick attempts look good: nothing untoward so far. Thanks!

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

6/13/2021 10:14 am  #144

Made a minor UX change.

Also, found a problem with ice/fire thief/lord and fixed it.

What? Me worry?

6/13/2021 1:03 pm  #145

Very cool! Definitely speeds things up! Extremely useful for on-the-fly procurements of spellbooks and prayerbooks that a referee might not see coming. "Yeah while you guys were negotiating holy water prices with the Abbot I lifted this from the tabernacle, heh"
Many thanks!

Last edited by Jimm.Iblis (6/13/2021 1:04 pm)

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

6/13/2021 1:29 pm  #146

Ha, yeah, definitely good for "oh crap, I need something quick!"

My next bit of automation is npc party generation. Still leaning on BlackAdder's encounter tables for this. I just need to work through it and such. Not nearly as easy as this little project was.

What? Me worry?

6/22/2021 7:38 pm  #147

Did you ever notice that when you rolled up a magician and then created a pdf there was no HD or HP listed?

Me neither.

Until I was doing some stuff with the npc party generator (rolling HP for the NPC) and got some errors.

I have fixed that now.

What? Me worry?

6/23/2021 4:36 pm  #148

gizmomathboy wrote:

Did you ever notice that when you rolled up a magician and then created a pdf there was no HD or HP listed? I have fixed that now.

Nice! I did notice that the other day when I quick needed a high-level mage stuck in his own clone tank. I figured it was a one time error though. Glad to hear you worked it out! Your tools are a real time-saver.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

6/23/2021 4:44 pm  #149

Thank Jimm.

Someday I'll get the refactor done and maybe have a test suite so I can catch these things.

What? Me worry?

9/05/2021 9:07 pm  #150

happened to notice that a 4th level huntsman accidentally got the "wilderness fortress" class ability. Whoops.

Also, the weapon mastery was a bit "wrong" for huntsman but that is fixed, too.

What? Me worry?

11/29/2021 8:05 pm  #151

Was playing around tonight, and a 12th-level Magician's "Spells Known" section didn't include Level (just "Ma") or Other Notes (pg., Range, Duration, etc.) for either Lesser or Greater Globe of Invulnerability. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

11/29/2021 8:06 pm  #152

I will check it out.

What? Me worry?

11/29/2021 8:25 pm  #153

and fixed.

need to align spell names in 2 files. Needed a reboot to get new kernel so maintenance all around I suppose.

What? Me worry?

11/30/2021 4:32 pm  #154

Thanks again for keeping this up. All your generators, esp the spells known generator, have been a godsend. 

Last edited by Jimm.Iblis (11/30/2021 4:33 pm)

11/30/2021 6:47 pm  #155

Yes indeed! A quick check show's it fixed, thank you. 

11/30/2021 7:53 pm  #156

Excellent.

Good to hear folks are using and liking things.

I really need to make time to have an opinionated set of spell book generators, too. :-)

What? Me worry?

11/30/2021 8:48 pm  #157

So I think I discovered something else amiss: I generated a 4th-level Scout, and the Track ability doesn't match the book. My gizmo-character sheet PDF has Wilderness: 10:12, non-fresh: 8:12; Non-Wilderness: 2:12, non-fresh: 1:12. The book has Wilderness 7:12, non-fresh 5:12; Non-wilderness 9:12, non-fresh 7:12. 

11/30/2021 9:03 pm  #158

ok, checking on it

What? Me worry?

11/30/2021 9:48 pm  #159

huh, it seems like there are 4 variations to the Track ability. Barbarians, Huntsman, Rangers, and Scouts are just slightly different from each other :-)

I've sorted that out I think.

What? Me worry?

12/01/2021 7:08 am  #160

Yes, it looks like it: randomly generated one of each class, and each comported with the rules tome. Thanks!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.