!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2021 10:22 am  #1

HYPERBOREA 3E has been announced.

Last night (4/28/21) on Talking Crit, with Erik Tenkar and Mike Badolato, I announced the next edition of HYPERBOREA, which has been in the works for the last year. I'm looking forward to sharing more in the coming months. 

https://youtu.be/rRI0X_eDuNg

Best,
Jeff T.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/29/2021 10:57 am  #2

Re: HYPERBOREA 3E has been announced.

AWESOME!!!!

One ask... PLEASE, An Index!

Last edited by BlackKnight (4/29/2021 10:58 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

4/29/2021 11:25 am  #3

Super stoked for this announcement Jeff! ... a few bullet points regarding the announcement:

- Mixed feelings for a return to a two volume edition. I love the convenience of having it all in one place/volume, but can certainly understand reasons for splitting it up again ala 1st Edition. A slipcase option must be made available though, please. (stretch goal?)
- As @BlackKnight said ... indexes! I recall this was already planned when it was only going to be a 2nd Edition reprint, so I assume this is still planned.
- Very mixed feelings on the official name change. It will always be 'Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerer's of Hyperborea' to me. I know it's a mouthful, but its a glorious mouthful. Once again, I can see the logic and reasoning behind the decision, but it saddens me a bit.  

Other than the above few items, I relish the notion of more glorious art, perhaps a few needed rules clarifications/tweaks, and perhaps some other, yet to be revealed, surprises (fingers crossed). Bring on the Kickstarter Jeff!

4/29/2021 11:39 am  #4

He replied in chat that a slipcase was under consideration, he was waiting for quotes/estimates. He also said that "Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea" will remain part of the game (perhaps as a subtitle?) because that's what it's about! And he confirmed there would be an index. I think splitting it in two volumes makes it easier to add an index.

4/29/2021 12:11 pm  #5

OH > PS < How soon on the Kickstarter. I'll start letting my groups know that 3rd ed is coming.

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

4/29/2021 12:24 pm  #6

BlackKnight wrote:

OH > PS < How soon on the Kickstarter. I'll start letting my groups know that 3rd ed is coming.

He said he was hoping, if all goes well, for perhaps early June.

4/30/2021 4:43 am  #7

Super excited about the new edition.  The next few months are going to really drag whilst waiting to get my claws on this...

I can see the logic of shortening the name, but it seems to me that the full title is as much of a feature as it is a bit of a mouthful - one of it’s stand out characteristics.  Perhaps an eye-catching ‘Hyperborea’ on the front cover (I can see the large font now in my mind’s eye - looks great!), but the full title on the inside, or similar...?  Anyway, this is Jeff’s baby and I’m excited about this whatever he decides to call it.

Rob

5/01/2021 5:14 pm  #8

Totally amped for this.

Go Pats.

5/01/2021 9:41 pm  #9

Other than the 2e rulebook being OOP, Jeff, are there substantial changes/additions you plan for the new edition?

Allan.

5/03/2021 9:40 am  #10

grodog wrote:

Other than the 2e rulebook being OOP, Jeff, are there substantial changes/additions you plan for the new edition?

Allan.

Hi, Allan. Check the other thread in this sub-forum.

5/07/2021 4:53 pm  #11

Nice! Can't wait. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/13/2021 7:46 pm  #12

Sounds great. Count me in!

invidus es nostris quoniam tu talia nescis

"It's said that governments are chiefed by the double tongues" - Ten Bears (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

5/14/2021 9:42 am  #13

3rik wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

5/23/2021 3:45 pm  #14

Ghul wrote:

3rik wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks! It was actually the exciting news about 3E that lured me to these boards. Will there be a new GM screen to go with 3E? And will that be part of the Kickstarter?

"It's said that governments are chiefed by the double tongues" - Ten Bears (The Outlaw Josey Wales)

5/24/2021 12:24 pm  #15

3rik wrote:

Ghul wrote:

3rik wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks! It was actually the exciting news about 3E that lured me to these boards. Will there be a new GM screen to go with 3E? And will that be part of the Kickstarter?

No, because the changes are so minimal. Only a few of the tables inside the screen are impacted by 3e, so I'm thinking of having professional quality stickers made that would replace those few instances. So this wouldn't be part of the KS, but it could be offered as an add-on.

5/30/2021 6:00 pm  #16

Ghul wrote:

3rik wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

No, because the changes are so minimal. Only a few of the tables inside the screen are impacted by 3e, so I'm thinking of having professional quality stickers made that would replace those few instances. So this wouldn't be part of the KS, but it could be offered as an add-on.

I'm having trouble getting ahold of one of the screens, due to it being out of stock or exorbitant shipping costs, so an add-on with stickers would be perfect!

Last edited by 3rik (5/30/2021 6:01 pm)

5/31/2021 5:39 am  #17

3rik wrote:

Ghul wrote:

3rik wrote:

I'm having trouble getting ahold of one of the screens, due to it being out of stock or exorbitant shipping costs, so an add-on with stickers would be perfect!

Where are you located? Because Leisure Games of the UK just placed a large reorder.

6/04/2021 5:22 pm  #18

Ghul wrote:

3rik wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Where are you located? Because Leisure Games of the UK just placed a large reorder.

I'm in the Netherlands. I have ordered with Leisure Games in the past, but these days I usually order with Sphärenmeister Spiele (SpheremasterGames) in Germany. I'll keep an eye on Leisure Games' webshop and see if this is a viable option.

6/07/2021 10:41 am  #19

3rik wrote:

Ghul wrote:

3rik wrote:

I'm in the Netherlands. I have ordered with Leisure Games in the past, but these days I usually order with Sphärenmeister Spiele (SpheremasterGames) in Germany. I'll keep an eye on Leisure Games' webshop and see if this is a viable option.

Yeah, Sphärenmeister Spiele is a good retail partner of North Wind Adventures, too. Contact Roland and express your interest in the HYPERBOREA stuff that you are looking for. If he knows you want it and are looking for it, he will probably place an order. But if customers don't tell him, he may not think of it.

6/08/2021 3:59 am  #20

Any news about upcoming kickstarter? Will it launch in June or later?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.