!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2021 12:36 pm  #1

Lemurian Remnant is a huge place

And now I need to fill it up a bit.

The players are on the island north of the bigger island with Mount Butai on it. The island with the settlement/village.

They decided to drop anchor on the south side of the island and trek across.

They ran into some Mountain Apes which had a rather decent hoard of gems and gold.

Now to go speed read some Lemurian lore, morph it to Hyperborea's take on it, and rename the fishing village.

I just need to remember that the place is hot and humid and penalize the metal armor wearing pc's

What? Me worry?

4/29/2021 10:18 am  #2

Re: Lemurian Remnant is a huge place

Enjoy! Keep us posted.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/24/2021 2:04 pm  #3

Somehow I forgot about this thread (or missed in my search).

So I'm posting what I posted in the other Lemuria thread here, since this is kinda my crap

Well, here's my work on places in the Lemurian Remnant.

https://github.com/gizmomathboy/my-lemuria

Kinda empty at first because..well, my group is still exploring and I'm only adding detail I think I might need and...what I have to make because they go outside expectations :-)

What? Me worry?

5/24/2021 2:07 pm  #4

Talking through some stuff with Francisca and I found a "plot hole" in the reason one of my groups is there.

There are there because some got Quested in return for a Heal spell (clay automatons are bad news), and the cleric of Ymir (the church they visited) agreed to do basically the same but without the spell. Something about free will...but they didn't need Heal'ing.

In any case, the quest is to go bring the head of a falso god and if possible its crown.

That is my hook for Forgotten Fane.

As it turns out the church didn't tell them about the rest of the place :-)

I don't think it's a hole so much as the temple focusing on the coiled goddess from what little info they got back from the people that journeyed there and back.

They might also have problems with the other gods (well, those not in the "main" hyperborea pantheon) but that's a different problem.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.