!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2017 7:30 pm  #81

Re: AS&SH Errata

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Is it an oversight or is the Huntsman's Ambusher ability not supposed to grant the bonus to the rest of the party after preparation (like how the Barbarian's and the Ranger's ability work)?

Not an oversight; the huntsman’s ambusher ability is slightly different. He’s a little more opportunistic, and also more likely to work alone.

​(For those curious about such matters, a check of my archives shows that I added that ability to the huntsman in draft 9 of VOL. I in April 2016; by the end, VOL. I saw 55 drafts. I don’t recall if I added it on my own, or at Jeff’s direction.)

Last edited by DMPrata (10/05/2017 7:33 pm)

10/12/2017 8:56 pm  #82

David---

Should we discover an erratum in ASSH2, should we post it here, or will you be starting a new thread?

Allan.

10/13/2017 6:12 am  #83

Thanks for the clarification, DMPrata!

10/13/2017 11:31 pm  #84

grodog wrote:

David---

Should we discover an erratum in ASSH2, should we post it here, or will you be starting a new thread?

Allan.

Allan, I’m going to naively believe that a new errata thread won’t be necessary. If you simply must burst my bubble, then please feel free to post any new findings in this thread. As usual, everything good about the new book is Jeff’s work, and anything wrong with it is mine.

10/14/2017 9:26 pm  #85

DMPrata wrote:

grodog wrote:

David---

Allan.

Allan, I’m going to naively believe that a new errata thread won’t be necessary. If you simply must burst my bubble, then please feel free to post any new findings in this thread. As usual, everything good about the new book is Jeff’s work, and anything wrong with it is mine.

To edit is divine! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/21/2019 7:46 pm  #86

ASSH 2e, page 73 of Players Manual, Also in Volume 1.

For Priests of Apollo

1st Level: May select one additional weapon skill with bow of choice (self or composite).

I'm guessing "self" should be "short".

I think I only found this because I'm doing a hobby project to create a pc generation program and I'm creating all the tables I think I need. Goodness is it tedious (and I'm maybe half way through the Abilities stuff and I am not including these optional Priest Abilities).

Last edited by gizmomathboy (4/21/2019 7:47 pm)

What? Me worry?

4/21/2019 11:19 pm  #87

gizmomathboy wrote:

For Priests of Apollo

1st Level: May select one additional weapon skill with bow of choice (self or composite).

I think I only found this because I'm doing a hobby project to create a pc generation program and I'm creating all the tables I think I need. Goodness is it tedious (and I'm maybe half way through the Abilities stuff and I am not including these optional Priest Abilities).

A self bow is one made of a single piece of wood - not laminated from multiple materials like a composite bow. I assumed that was the distinction Jeff was making here (i.e., "self" is the opposite of "composite" when speaking about bows).

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/22/2019 8:07 am  #88

Blackadder23 wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

For Priests of Apollo

A self bow is one made of a single piece of wood - not laminated from multiple materials like a composite bow. I assumed that was the distinction Jeff was making here (i.e., "self" is the opposite of "composite" when speaking about bows).

I could go along with that but why not say "any bow" when that is what would be the effect?

Of the bows listed in the book there are:

Long Bow
Short Bow
Long Composite Bow
Short Composite Bow

Long Bow and Short Bow would be assumed to be "self" bows but that isn't stated explicitly.

As I am not the author I am probably wrong.

What? Me worry?

4/22/2019 8:59 am  #89

Maybe excluding crossbows as they dont fit the Apollo model.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/22/2019 11:31 am  #90

mabon5127 wrote:

I definitely think that is the intent of the rule, but I think it gets a bit lost in the language.

I love rich language usage but in some cases it gets in the way of clarity. A self bow isn't mentioned anywhere else in the player volumes.

So, not a typo but something that might trip up folks.

What? Me worry?

4/22/2019 5:10 pm  #91

gizmomathboy wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

I definitely think that is the intent of the rule, but I think it gets a bit lost in the language.

I love rich language usage but in some cases it gets in the way of clarity. A self bow isn't mentioned anywhere else in the player volumes.

So, not a typo but something that might trip up folks.

This was indeed the intent. Blame the editor for lack of clarity.

10/18/2019 11:47 am  #92

I'm not sure I would really call this errata, but something I came across when making a change to my PC generator app.

It of course deals with the class with a lot of...exceptions. I am talkin' 'bout the runegraver.

Definitely the least traditional of spell casters.

The bit I had to code around and change some stuff with really dealt with spell descriptions. Specifically with each spell's level.

Initially, I just took whatever from the list in my data file. Eventually I just added in an entry for runegraver. It just made things easier.

As I wrote, I don't think it rises to the level of errata, but maybe something to add in whenever the pdf gets updated and such. I think the class description handles it just fine.

What? Me worry?

4/04/2021 12:52 pm  #93

Got that bundle of holding yesterday and caught a small typo in Forgotten Fane pdf.

Pg. 4 right under the table of contents in the first paragraph on the right side, second line.:

"of Lemurian splendour and tthe wealth"

4/05/2021 10:12 am  #94

shankspeare wrote:

Got that bundle of holding yesterday and caught a small typo in Forgotten Fane pdf.

Pg. 4 right under the table of contents in the first paragraph on the right side, second line.:

"of Lemurian splendour and tthe wealth"

Thanks. I have an errata sheet for when we eventually reprint the modules.

5/02/2021 12:13 pm  #95

I'm not sure if this has been reported before (I searched but couldn't find it): in the Cryomancer Spell list p.144, in the second level spells, Cool Metal should come after Continuous Light.

5/05/2021 6:09 pm  #96

In Rats in the Walls and Other Perils.

Tull Kamtose has a listed AC of -1, but I think it should be 0.

The ring of protection gives AC 2.

The 18 DX give +2 to that resulting in 0.

I don't see anything else to give him that extra AC boost.

What? Me worry?

5/06/2021 9:45 am  #97

gizmomathboy wrote:

In Rats in the Walls and Other Perils.

Tull Kamtose has a listed AC of -1, but I think it should be 0.

The ring of protection gives AC 2.

The 18 DX give +2 to that resulting in 0.

I don't see anything else to give him that extra AC boost.

You made me look. You are correct, sir! Good catch. ;)

5/06/2021 1:56 pm  #98

I only double checked myself because one of my gaming groups might jump him. They bungled the heist he gave them, ran away for 2 months, came back, and he told them to get the pendant "or else end up like the one you gave me" :-)

I don't think they are *that* suicidal, but you never know

Last edited by gizmomathboy (5/06/2021 1:57 pm)

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.