!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2020 2:34 am  #1

Dreamlands/Kadath

Has anyone here ever ran anything inspired by or involving The Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath? Out of all of HPL’s stories I’d say it’s one of the most underrated. It’s virtually a weird epic and would fit perfect in the game.

9/16/2020 3:10 pm  #2

Re: Dreamlands/Kadath

It's been several years since I've read it, but it's right here on the shelf beside me, so I will revisit it!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/17/2020 10:42 pm  #3

Revengeancer wrote:

Has anyone here ever ran anything inspired by or involving The Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath? Out of all of HPL’s stories I’d say it’s one of the most underrated. It’s virtually a weird epic and would fit perfect in the game.

Chaosium published the Dreamlands sourcebook that includes DQotUK in its scope, and I think that there were a few adventure anthologies published for that setting too.  The YSDC wiki at https://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/Dreamlands should help in terms of mining both the CoC gaming materials as well as HPL/et al's fictions.

Allan.

9/19/2020 3:59 pm  #4

I've been using that setting for my own campaign (sadly my group does not like the THAC0 system, and I had to switch to our old homebrew system.)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.