Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2020 8:55 pm  #3001


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

That’s no choice at all! I choose...

Swim! 😀


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/25/2020 8:57 pm  #3002


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The laden backpack sinks as Gundrabu casts it aside and swims blindly on into the stinking darkness!
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/26/2020 6:52 pm  #3003


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor continues following in the wake of the other, hopeful that he will be able to get more of his head above the muck soon.

ooc: I recall Kondor being something like 6'5" in my mind, or taller; like a real Wulgar type. Would only his nose be above the surface?

 

7/26/2020 7:20 pm  #3004


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Yes, that's it exactly. The poor esquimeaux must be drowning!

Suddenly Kondor bumps into a hard object about waist high. It moves.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/27/2020 5:48 pm  #3005


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Yes, that's it exactly. The poor esquimeaux must be drowning!

Suddenly Kondor bumps into a hard object about waist high. It moves.

He pauses a moment, to see if it's some beast; then he moves through it, as it's likely too small to be Gundrabu.

ooc: we're in the s*** this time, eh?

 

7/27/2020 8:03 pm  #3006


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

It is a backpack.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2020 8:16 pm  #3007


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

It's full of items.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2020 10:20 am  #3008


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu smacks into a stone wall.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2020 10:49 am  #3009


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

It's full of items.

Kondor considers their situation and attempts to get a hand on the backpack - their survival could be at stake! - but he won't want to drown in feces to do it. Escape is his first priority.

 

7/29/2020 12:37 pm  #3010


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

It's full of items.

Kondor considers their situation and attempts to get a hand on the backpack - their survival could be at stake! - but he won't want to drown in feces to do it. Escape is his first priority.

The backpack is at his fingertips. The sludge is easy to move through in this wake. and his face is above the filth, his tiptoes are on hard surface below him.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2020 6:22 pm  #3011


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu explores the stone wall, seeking a way out or up. If you want a direction, I try right, first.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/29/2020 6:31 pm  #3012


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

How far do you go right?


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/30/2020 10:43 am  #3013


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I just keep on going. I assume Kondor can hear my movements in this space. If I ever stop hearing him, I stop, holding onto the rock wall for support, then continue. If ever I tire, I likewise hold onto the rock wall, until I have regained my breath.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/30/2020 11:14 am  #3014


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Understood, Gundrabu moves right in the dark. The stone wall is jagged.
10' 20', 30' ... hanging on the wall without touching bottom is tiring. He rests.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/30/2020 7:42 pm  #3015


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Another thing that Gundrabu is looking for is the “best” wall surface for climbing with aid of his crampons, though, with how “strong” Gundrabu is and all, he’s probably better off giving them to Kondor to try. 😁


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/30/2020 7:46 pm  #3016


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

It's so hard for Gundrabu to get a good idea in the dark. The wall is rough, not footholds and finger crevices rough, but in a few more turns of exhaustion, might just be rough enough!


 
     Thread Starter
 

Yesterday 10:17 am  #3017


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor continues to follow the path of Gundrabu, certain that's the way to go. If he reaches him, and the wall, Kondor will hand over the backpack before attempting to climb - a barbarian's climbing being natural to him, moreso than any other upon Hyperborea.

 

Board footera






“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2020 North Wind Adventures, LLC.