!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2014 7:45 pm  #41

Re: Brew

Verrry interesting. When it happens, if there's an extra chair maybe I could make the trek to NYC too. About 1 hr. for me.

4/29/2014 9:15 pm  #42

Current weapon of choice: Big Boss' Blanco Diablo...

Going very nice with some wings!

4/29/2014 9:19 pm  #43

Maezar wrote:

Verrry interesting. When it happens, if there's an extra chair maybe I could make the trek to NYC too. About 1 hr. for me.

Totally. You're more than welcome!

We're playing this Sunday as best I can tell. Probably 12-6ish. Greenpoint, Brooklyn (near the BQE, between the 59th St. and Williamsburg Bridges). We've been pretty good about gaming every two weeks so far in 2014.

5/03/2014 8:40 am  #44

capitalbill wrote:

Current weapon of choice: Big Boss' Blanco Diablo...

Going very nice with some wings!

Nice.  Where does one find that on draft?  You in the DC area?

5/03/2014 9:08 pm  #45

Druvas wrote:

Nice.  Where does one find that on draft?

Place is called Taco Mac; among the best beer selections on tap in town, and it's closest to where I live.

Druvas wrote:

You in the DC area?

Nope. I live in Charlotte, NC. But I'm up in my old stompings grounds of NoVa once or twice a year visiting family.

5/06/2014 7:45 am  #46

capitalbill wrote:

Druvas wrote:

Nice.  Where does one find that on draft?

Place is called Taco Mac; among the best beer selections on tap in town, and it's closest to where I live.

Druvas wrote:

You in the DC area?

Nope. I live in Charlotte, NC. But I'm up in my old stompings grounds of NoVa once or twice a year visiting family.

Nice.  I 'm always looking for good beers that I've never had the pleasure of tasting.  Next time I'm in Charlotte, I'll look the place up.

Where in NoVa are you from?  I grew up in Vienna, stomped all over Fairfax, lived in Leesburg for a few years and now reside in Gainesville.

5/07/2014 6:48 pm  #47

Been a long, rough week thus far. Unwinding at the local with Big Boss' High Roller...

Druvas wrote:

Where in NoVa are you from?  I grew up in Vienna, stomped all over Fairfax, lived in Leesburg for a few years and now reside in Gainesville.

McLean, Herndon, Reston.

5/07/2014 6:52 pm  #48

That looks tasty, Bill. I need a beverage right about now.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/07/2014 7:24 pm  #49

Ghul wrote:

That looks tasty, Bill. I need a beverage right about now.

As do I, and lo: Saranac Pale Ale...

5/07/2014 8:59 pm  #50

Very nice. My phone is across the room, but I do have a good mug of Sam Adams in hand!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/07/2014 9:01 pm  #51

capitalbill wrote:

McLean, Herndon, Reston.

One of my good friends grew up in Reston for a while. Went to Herndon High, I believe.

Simple Yuengling for me tonight. I think during our AS&SH session on Sunday, we had Yuengling, Shiner Bock, Cidre (sigh), Lagunitas IPA, and mead.

5/08/2014 3:48 am  #52

Handy Haversack wrote:

capitalbill wrote:

McLean, Herndon, Reston.

One of my good friends grew up in Reston for a while. Went to Herndon High, I believe.

Simple Yuengling for me tonight. I think during our AS&SH session on Sunday, we had Yuengling, Shiner Bock, Cidre (sigh), Lagunitas IPA, and mead.

I still stomp around Reston and Herndon and I work in McLean. :-)

Alas, no beers for me tonight.  Had a happy hour planned for this coming friday evening but it has been cancelled. :-(  We have a new brew-pub called BJ's (it's a national chain) and they make some decent beer.  I'm on heffeweissen kick these days and try every one I can get my hands on.

5/11/2014 3:07 pm  #53

After spending the late morning/early afternoon poolside enjoying this beautiful weather on a day off it is time for some brews!

Starting out with a Ska Euphoria Pale Ale....

5/11/2014 3:53 pm  #54

And on to a more local brew, Olde Mecklenburg Fruh Bock...

5/11/2014 4:26 pm  #55

Finishing up with a Smuttynose Finestkind...

5/11/2014 7:00 pm  #56

Me and the missus enjoying a tasty Greek beer in Athens a few weeks ago:

5/11/2014 7:48 pm  #57

Nice work, lads!

5/11/2014 8:05 pm  #58

Handy Haversack wrote:

Nice work, lads!

Aye!!

--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

5/12/2014 5:54 am  #59

...And last night's beverage.  BJ's Hefeweizen from a growler, poured into my favorite Erdinger glass.  Keep your eyes averted from my cookies in the background. ;-)

5/21/2014 11:00 am  #60

Last weekend's gaming session included these choice items:
Hot Italian Sausages, 4 phat ribeyes, a 36 pack of Dr. Pepper, my usual Rocky patel, and a case of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (not pictured here).  We continued the side campaign I'm running of Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works/ Castle of the Mad Archmage.  We all ate like pigs, drank DP and beer, shared some Evan Williams Single Barrel, and smoked some Rocky Patels. Oh, and I TPK'd the group. :-)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.