!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2020 1:56 pm  #2381

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The two beast men in the rafters continue to howl and hoot at the melee below.

1/31/2020 1:56 pm  #2382

Suddenly a second cloud of smoke engulfs the sorcerer!

1/31/2020 1:57 pm  #2383

Kondor's sword clangs loudly against the beast man's giant shield!

1/31/2020 1:59 pm  #2384

And Gundrabu must decide to throw his dagger near Igrest as planned or deal with the two raging beast men at his feet!

1/31/2020 4:01 pm  #2385

Iron Ranger wrote:

And Gundrabu must decide to throw his dagger near Igrest as planned or deal with the two raging beast men at his feet!

If Gundrabu may, seeing as how Igrest suddenly is swathed in smoke, Gundrabu keeps hold of the dagger, slashing melee-fashion instead at the nearest beastman.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/31/2020 4:04 pm  #2386

Eirvit wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

If Gundrabu may, seeing as how Igrest suddenly is swathed in smoke, Gundrabu keeps hold of the dagger, slashing melee-fashion instead at the nearest beastman.

The wisdom of the Kraken swells in his disciple. Re-Roll to allow him to strike through you!

1/31/2020 4:35 pm  #2387

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

The wisdom of the Kraken swells in his disciple. Re-Roll to allow him to strike through you!

15+2 = 17!

1d4 = 3 (+2?) 5

1/31/2020 4:38 pm  #2388

The blade digs deep into one the beast men's hairy hide and it whelps as it's punctured!

end of round 2.
state intentions fro round 3.
roll initiatives!

1/31/2020 5:36 pm  #2389

D6- 2

Grinning at the beast’s anguished cry, Gundrabu ripostes with the silky, gleaming dagger he obtained from the feet of the Atlantean earlier.

Phase One
Melee (half move and charge) 11+2- 13
Missiles (stationary)
Magic (stationary)
Movement (half achieved)
Magic (half move)
Movement (half achieved)

2/03/2020 2:00 pm  #2390

The 2 beast men outside the door ignore the battle inside the sanctuary, instead quickly gaining the initiative over poor Gundrabu with a 4!

The injured one scrambles to his feet and swings his bone wildly - 4! Swish

The second strikes with a 10! and also misses the normally graceless esquimeaux.

Gundrapu raises his newfound dagger anew, stabbing ferociously at the uninjured ( now closest) beast man.
11+2-1(STR ADJ) = 12.
but both beast men regroup well out of his reach.

end of Round 3 (outside)
Gundrabu: state intentions & roll int. for round 4 (outside)

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/07/2020 9:00 pm)

2/03/2020 2:47 pm  #2391

1d6- 4

Gundrabu shouts to his companions inside. “I have two out here, Kondor! My blessings are spent for the day! If you think there is naught for us here, try to win your way to the door! I hold it, for now!”

Gundrabu brings his shield to bear and strikes again with his dagger, striking within reach of one of the beast men.”

Phase One
Melee (half move and charge) 19! +2 - 21 (1d4- 2 ... +2? - 4?
Missiles (stationary)
Magic (stationary)
Movement (half achieved)
Magic (half move)
Movement (half achieved)

2/03/2020 2:54 pm  #2392

Eirvit wrote:

Don't forget that Gundrabu's STR and DEX scores result in  -1 to all attacks and damage rolls.

2/03/2020 4:20 pm  #2393

ROUND 4 (OUTSIDE)

Gundrabu shouts to his companions inside and gets the upperhand on his foes.
He holds his shield against the stronger of the two as he stabs at the weakened one! 19+2-1 =20

It's another deep wound straight to its savage heart. A final death howl and the beast man slides off the dagger's blade not the ground. His partner pauses at the sight of first death for the briefest moment....11!
On he fights! His eyes fierce determination as he raises his bone in hatred!
But his rage clouds his tactics and he again misses his target and remains  blocking the entrance.

end of round 4 outside.
Go for round 5 outside while we are holding for news from round 3 inside ?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/07/2020 9:01 pm)

2/03/2020 4:22 pm  #2394

Gundrabu +105 XP

2/04/2020 12:24 am  #2395

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Don't forget that Gundrabu's STR and DEX scores result in  -1 to all attacks and damage rolls.

[Thanks! I totally was forgetting that!]

Gundrabu snarls and slashes at the remaining beast man, intent on liberating—or aiding—his companions.

D6- 6!

Phase One
Melee (half move and charge) D20- 9+2-1= 10; 1d4- 1+2-1= 2
Missiles (stationary)
Magic (stationary)
Movement (half achieved)
Magic (half move)
Movement (half achieved)

2/04/2020 10:21 am  #2396

Round 5 Outside:

The beast man easily dodges Gundrabu's new thrust and roars its fury, a foul cone of stink through fangs bared. Then swings its mighty bone --- 4!

Next round!

2/04/2020 7:51 pm  #2397

D6- 6!

“My companions, do ye hear me!”

Trying his utmost to shake the uncanny feeling that he suddenly is alone in this howling Winter, Gundrabu stabs again from around his shield.

Phase One
Melee (half move and charge) 14 +2 -1 = 15; Damage 1 +2 -1 = 2
Missiles (stationary)
Magic (stationary)
Movement (half achieved)
Magic (half move)
Movement (half achieved)

2/04/2020 8:03 pm  #2398

No word comes from within, as the hacking and slashing in front of him, and the howling winds behind fill his ears. 

But a voice fills his heart, "You are never alone, my Gundrabu..." as the sharp blade of the dagger pricks beast hide!

The beast howls in pain and swings fruitlessly with his large bone! Disgusted with itself it barks at the cleric a message that can only mean, "I will bash your brains to bits with this bone and sprinkle them as spice for your raw flayed flesh before I'm sated!"

end of round 6 outside.

2/05/2020 5:41 am  #2399

(OOC: I am sorry for the AFK, I was down with the flu and it's the first day I am even remotely functional)

"Kondor, Gundrabu, guide me with your voice! Atlantis' smokes and deceptions will beguile them while you make short work of them!", the Altantean calls out from the north of the chamber where he remains shroude in a 20 x 20 x 20 ft cube of thick, reeking smoke.

(OOC: Init d6 roll = 2)

2/05/2020 3:45 pm  #2400

Holy_Rage wrote:

(OOC: I am sorry for the AFK, I was down with the flu and it's the first day I am even remotely functional)

"Kondor, Gundrabu, guide me with your voice! Atlantis' smokes and deceptions will beguile them while you make short work of them!", the Altantean calls out from the north of the chamber where he remains shroude in a 20 x 20 x 20 ft cube of thick, reeking smoke.

(OOC: Init d6 roll = 2)

The clang of metal, the howling of the beast men,  the grunting from the barbarian and esquimeaux,  and the unrelenting wailing of Boreas's winds shroud retorts as the cloud of smoke shrouds the sorcerer (plus barbarian and 3 beast men).  

Thankfully the roof and doors have burned away allowing the gale to quickly start the disperse of this pesky inhibiting screen....

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.