!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2019 3:40 pm  #61

Re: HYPERBOREA: Otherworldly Tales

PDFs released to the wild for The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/29/2019 4:08 pm  #62

Ghul wrote:

PDFs released to the wild for The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.

Hell yeah!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/29/2019 5:48 pm  #63

Downloaded!

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

11/29/2019 6:34 pm  #64

Beautiful!

11/29/2019 8:44 pm  #65

Downloaded both earlier today. Thank you for another professionally run kickstarter.

11/29/2019 8:49 pm  #66

\m/

\o/

What? Me worry?

11/30/2019 6:50 am  #67

Yeah, great, have a read later!

11/30/2019 10:54 pm  #68

Just read through the Sea Wolf's Daughter...so good...and so mean at the same time...LOVE IT!

12/01/2019 1:56 am  #69

Thanks, Jeff!
Still holding out for the printed versions before I read these... not that I haven't already read The Sea-Wolf's Daughter twenty or so times...

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

12/01/2019 2:08 pm  #70

Downloaded, but as usual, waiting for the prints!

12/01/2019 10:26 pm  #71

Ditto!  They look great, but I will likely wait for the hard copies to actually read them.  I've already got a huge backlog of holiday reading lined up so having these come in January is perfect.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

12/02/2019 10:08 am  #72

Just read through both Modules. They came out Awsome! Loving Sea-Wolf's Daughter, Definitely looking forward to getting more Norse modules going!!!!

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

12/07/2019 2:27 am  #73

Both adventures were a pleasure to read and I can't wait to see how they play out at the table. 

12/07/2019 5:57 am  #74

Brock Savage wrote:

Both adventures were a pleasure to read and I can't wait to see how they play out at the table. 

Thanks, Brock! Appreciate it, man. We had a blast running Atlantis and hope you do too. Happy to answer any questions that may crop up along the way. 

1/17/2020 1:32 pm  #75

I did a bit of a long winded video on The Lost Treasure of Atlantis.
https://youtu.be/fdOa2dVi7nQ
Hope you like it and sorry for any mistakes I made. Its a great adventure and I look forward to more from you Chainsaw!

Jeff, I'll be seeing you at Gary Con this year. The stars aligned!

Last edited by SavageGM (1/17/2020 1:37 pm)

1/17/2020 2:40 pm  #76

SavageGM wrote:

Its a great adventure and I look forward to more from you Chainsaw!

Thanks so much for reviewing the module, SavageGM. I really appreciate your time and effort! If and when you ever run it, please don't hesitate to reach out. PM me and we can exchange contact info.

And yes, I did run it at conventions - about 16 times in fact! Much of that play testing resulted in little changes here and there as I realized what worked and what didn't. Really invaluable. I'm indebted to those 100+ players. Anyway, in that format, I provide the players with rumors they'd picked up on the way to the island. The rumors amounted to mini-quests aligned with an object on the levels, something they could accomplish within a four-hour window. They'd start in a boat offshore, then decide where to enter and what to do. Worked out splendidly.

Also, Terex is running it at Winter War (the way I did) and DMPrata's running it as a multi-session persistent dungeon at TotalCon and GaryCon. Should be great!

I'll be there too, this year! Pumped.

1/17/2020 6:24 pm  #77

By the way, Brandon, I enjoy your youtube reviews.  Had no idea you were on this board!

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

1/17/2020 6:41 pm  #78

Spider of Leng wrote:

By the way, Brandon, I enjoy your youtube reviews.  Had no idea you were on this board!

Thanks Spider I really appreciate you watching them!

1/21/2020 2:26 pm  #79

SavageGM wrote:

I did a bit of a long winded video on The Lost Treasure of Atlantis.
https://youtu.be/fdOa2dVi7nQ
Hope you like it and sorry for any mistakes I made. Its a great adventure and I look forward to more from you Chainsaw!

Looking forward to seeing you! Can I share this review at my social media locations?

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/21/2020 3:07 pm  #80

Of course bud. Always and when I do the next video for The Sea Wolf’s Daughter when it’s up. I’m gonna try and play in some AS&SH games at Gary Con.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.