!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2019 9:36 am  #1

Breath of the Wild

It doesn’t have the flavor of ASSH, but the feel of exploring a hostile world is extraordinary. I’ve recommended this game to other engineers for its facility in developing problem solving skills. The puzzles in Link’s Awakening pale in comparison. Normally I feel the ability to use different options to solve a single problem is more wired into face to face role playing. However, the emphasis on story telling seems to be wiring outcomes and railroads straight into the adventure. In this game I know the story that the game wants to play, but because of the sandbox nature of the game I don’t exactly have to play it. That freedom is appealing. 

Thanks,
VR/Scott

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.