!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2019 8:27 am  #1

What’s Next?

After the fulfillment of the latest Kickstarter, what do we have to look forward to?
Thanks,
VR/Scott

Thanks,
VR/Scott

1/13/2020 8:58 am  #2

Re: What’s Next?

I was just wondering that myself!

Allan.

1/13/2020 9:29 am  #3

I'm sure there are a dozen more modules just waiting on publication. Jeff works hard all the time on them...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/13/2020 3:07 pm  #4

Depending on how things shake out, we are looking at two possibilities regarding "what's next":

1) Custom HYPERBOREA dice and dice pouch 

2) Two more adventure modules (THE LATE TRAPPER'S LAMENT ~ Prata THE ICE SPHINX ~ Talanian)

It seemed like all was lined up and in place for the custom dice and dice pouch to be NEXT, but we ran into a snag which may or may not cause that project to be bumped in the queue as we continue work on the modules.

Looking beyond, we've got four more modules either done or in the late stages of development. These are by Ball, Bingham, Hazel, and Teigeler. Work continues sporadically on The City-State of Khromarium and notes/scraps/outlines/sketches continue to pile for my mega-dungeon located in Mount Vhuurmithadon. I've also got stuff piling up for an adventure / resource detailing Saturn. There's more. I'm getting close to showing an itinerary of 2020 through 2021, but I don't want to jinx anything, either (Castle Greyhawk, anyone?). It won't be a precise schedule, because there are so many variables involved, but we're pretty loaded up until 2022.

Last edited by DMPrata (1/13/2020 7:56 pm)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/13/2020 3:25 pm  #5

Nice!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/13/2020 7:23 pm  #6

Great to hear! I look forward to whatever comes next, and the custom dice sound intriguing. Just don't make them some baroque or rococo design inscrutable to normal eyes...

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

1/19/2020 12:50 am  #7

Being honest here, I would like to see the dice/pouch thing.  Also the adventure modules.  In case any of you read my incoherent ramblings on the Campaign page you know I'm trying to tell a long term story adventure thing there and obviously using the -10HP rule because otherwise I would have TPK bits going on.   On the plus side I downloaded the new adventures and just received my copies of the real deal in the mail from the last KS.  Jeff and Co.  you have my thanks!  Hope to share a beer with Ghul and Chainsaw and you all at Gary Con.  I love this game and hope to entreat you all with the stories of my campaign!  As to why (in case someone asks) I don't use the published stuff, well, to be honest; I'll use the modules then in a convention setting.  Some off the grid.  When I do the campaign writeup it's homebrew all the way.  I have some players who do follow AS&SOH and others who don't.  However, I'll be collecting all these as they are released.  This is good stuff folks.  Buy it and enjoy it!

Edit: To be honest I played in Chainsaw's game of this module so it's cool for me to see what all was missed and how to use it.  I have yet to read Sea Wolf's Daughter so that's on the agenda.

Last edited by MrManowar (1/19/2020 12:55 am)

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

1/19/2020 5:47 pm  #8

MrManowar wrote:

Hope to share a beer with Ghul and Chainsaw and you all at Gary Con.

I'll be there!

MrManowar wrote:

I'll use the modules then in a convention setting. Some off the grid.

If you want any advice for Atlantis, let me know. It's a big, non-linear dungeon, but I have a nice mini-quest set-up that makes it work well in conventions. 

MrManowar wrote:

To be honest I played in Chainsaw's game of this module so it's cool for me to see what all was missed and how to use it.

There's a ton of cool stuff that was beyond the scope of most sessions!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.