!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2019 8:48 pm  #21

Re: Gary Con XII (2020)

I am running three instances of Lost Cairns of the Savages. Here are the date/times and a brief synopsis. They are approved, but not listed yet as that will be done post January. 

Friday @ 4pm
Saturday @9am
Saturday @2pm

HYPERBOREA: Lost Cairns of the Savages

A sandbox adventure to the fog shrouded Black Feather Island where rumors persist that pre-historic savages built burial cairns which hold untold riches, but are they ripe for the picking or are they deadly ripe? Loosely based on Howard's "Wolves Beyond the Border" "The Black Stranger" and "Beyond the Black River" this game is refereed by AS&SH Illustrator Del Teigeler. Characters provided.

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

10/18/2019 8:59 pm  #22

I’ll be running our friend Chainsaw’s The Lost Treasure of Atlantis all day Thursday and Friday (six four-hour sessions). Players can sign up for as few or as many sessions as they’d like, swapping in and out every four hours.

10/20/2019 2:29 pm  #23

These sound great, gents. Thank you!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/31/2019 11:09 pm  #24

Just submitted two sessions of my new adventure (the 20% off bribe works on me):

HYPERBOREA:  The Chelonian Captivity 
In the midst of sea voyage enroute to the greatest contest of the age (the one who presents the greatest magical marvel will be become the heir to an archmage) a brief landfall at a Pictish village gives you respite from your fellow contestants and chance to view a local curiosity.   An adventure for 7 6th Level sorcerers.  Pre-gens provided.

Friday: 2PM - 6PM
Saturday:  8PM-12AM

My last game was all fighter PCs this one is all sorcerers.   Looking forward to running it!

11/01/2019 2:09 pm  #25

Oooh, 6th - 7th level SORCERERS! Love it. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/01/2019 4:26 pm  #26

lige wrote:

Just submitted two sessions of my new adventure (the 20% off bribe works on me):

HYPERBOREA:  The Chelonian Captivity 
In the midst of sea voyage enroute to the greatest contest of the age (the one who presents the greatest magical marvel will be become the heir to an archmage) a brief landfall at a Pictish village gives you respite from your fellow contestants and chance to view a local curiosity.   An adventure for 7 6th Level sorcerers.  Pre-gens provided.

Friday: 2PM - 6PM
Saturday:  8PM-12AM

My last game was all fighter PCs this one is all sorcerers.   Looking forward to running it!

Sounds great!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/04/2019 12:42 pm  #27

Here's mine:

Hyperborea: A Heist in Khromarium

Khromarium's most powerful fence has apparently disappeared. His shop has been boarded up, and he's not been seen for weeks. His demise comes with a once in a lifetime opportunity, to pilfer his treasury. =11ptBut, you must be careful of watchful eyes, and the potential for his own gang to come after you.No experience necessary. Level 3 characters will be provided.
 Thurs: 8AM - Noon 

Hyperborea: Zorozin's Bargain

Zorozin, the powerful Khromarium sorcerer/sage you've allied with in the past, has summoned you to his tower. But something seems off about his tower, and the very air around it..No experience with AS&SH necessary.
Level 5-7 characters will be provided.

Thurs: Noon - 4pm 

A Respite from a Blizzard

Your party is caught in a sudden, violent blizzard, while trekking through the Spiral Array. Desperate for shelter, you hole up in a cave that has odd carvings on the walls. Eventually, your campfire causes an odd, thick mist that fills the cave, drowning out all sound and sight. When the mists recede, you are no longer in the cave..=11ptNo experience with AS&SH necessary. Level 4-6 pregens will be provided. 

Thursday 6pm - 10pm

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (11/04/2019 12:43 pm)

11/19/2019 11:47 am  #28

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Here's mine:

Hyperborea: A Heist in Khromarium

Khromarium's most powerful fence has apparently disappeared. His shop has been boarded up, and he's not been seen for weeks. His demise comes with a once in a lifetime opportunity, to pilfer his treasury. =11ptBut, you must be careful of watchful eyes, and the potential for his own gang to come after you.No experience necessary. Level 3 characters will be provided.
 Thurs: 8AM - Noon 

Hyperborea: Zorozin's Bargain

Zorozin, the powerful Khromarium sorcerer/sage you've allied with in the past, has summoned you to his tower. But something seems off about his tower, and the very air around it..No experience with AS&SH necessary.
Level 5-7 characters will be provided.

Thurs: Noon - 4pm 

A Respite from a Blizzard

Your party is caught in a sudden, violent blizzard, while trekking through the Spiral Array. Desperate for shelter, you hole up in a cave that has odd carvings on the walls. Eventually, your campfire causes an odd, thick mist that fills the cave, drowning out all sound and sight. When the mists recede, you are no longer in the cave..=11ptNo experience with AS&SH necessary. Level 4-6 pregens will be provided. 

Thursday 6pm - 10pm

Looks Great!

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 12:02 pm  #29

Submitted Events for Gary Con:

The Fortress of the Lost Wolves:  Visited by an aged Kelt Scout, the reavers hear a legend of a once-powerful tribe, their prosperity, and sudden destruction. Payment for taking the elderly scout to see the home of his ancestors is secured.  Dare you sojourn the haunted fort, to recover the long-abandoned treasures? 
​Thursday 8 am and 1 pm

The Burial Grounds of the Ancient Kings:  In an abandoned Keltic Rath below the altar of Yoon-Deh lies secret burial chambers of a venerable and powerful race.  A legend of a potent curse keeps mundane trespassers away. But will you brave unnatural threats to recover relics and treasures of ancient days? 
Friday 8 am and 1 pm

Last edited by mabon5127 (1/12/2020 3:36 pm)

While in my soul forever

1/08/2020 10:30 am  #30

Submitted mine nine hours before the deadline!

HYPERBOREA: Bone Effigy Crucible of the Urgent Chimera: A chimera has been terrorizing the wooded valleys of the Narthex Mountains, robbing battered and wounded adventurers of items of power. Of course, you had to learn this the hard way. But now it's payback time. Armed with what you have left, you've set off for the extinct caldera where the monster makes its home. We'll see who's wounded and terrified **this** time, chimera. 3rd-lvl. pregen chars.
Thu. 12-4

HYPERBOREA: The Meal of Oshregaal: Most have heard of Oshregaal, the chaos sorcerer. He lives in an opulent mansion in the wall of a great cavern. And he created the armies of tusk people that threaten pretty much everything. But no one knows why **you** have been invited to dine with him, an invitation on a sheet of living blood that has forced you into a secret mission you barely understand. Hopefully the food will be good?
Sun. 12-4

1/09/2020 10:48 am  #31

Thought I'd point this one out by a fellow Legio V brother:

LEGIO V: DEngines & DRayguns
Join us in honoring the memory of Gary Gygax with a simulacrum of one of his greatest works of all time: S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. Just like the old-school AD&D mash-ups of Fantasy and Sci-Fi, we will use a few illustrations from that module as visual aids along with a "shipload" of highly visual handcrafted 3D terrain and lots of weird minis. AS&SH 2nd Edition. Characters provided.

1/09/2020 9:20 pm  #32

These all sound great, but I'm sure I'll be working the booth while they're running....

That said, I am hoping to play in some off- and/or on-grid games on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights this year. 

Allan.

1/11/2020 9:16 pm  #33

Legio V is proud to be running 6 sessions of AS&SH in March, at Gary Con 2020.  Our complete schedule can be found here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xii/schedule#?query=legio%20v

Last edited by francisca (1/11/2020 9:17 pm)

1/21/2020 7:14 pm  #34

francisca wrote:

Thought I'd point this one out by a fellow Legio V brother:

Thanks for the assist, Rich! I really gotta start checking in around here more often!

What happens when an eclectic group of Viking explorers discovers an ominous metallic doorway in a strange cave high in the Spiral Mountain Array of Hyperborea. Let’s find out in this mid-level, hands-on adventure for 5-8 players of levels 4-7.

Friday night, 6:00 to 10:00...

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xii/schedule/430

Last edited by Big Shiny (1/21/2020 7:16 pm)

1/23/2020 11:51 am  #35

My sessions ended up switching places. It looked like they were not going to be able to accommodate my Thu. slot, so I moved my homebrew Chimera adventure to Sunday since I really want to test it out with a new crowd. Then Skip worked some sort of magic, and the Thu. slot worked out. So Oshregaal dines again on Thursday!

=22pxHYPERBOREA: The Meal of Oshregaal: Thu., 12-4
Most have heard of Oshregaal, the chaos sorcerer. He lives in an opulent mansion in the wall of a great cavern. And he created the armies of tusk people that threaten pretty much everything. But no one knows why **you** have been invited to dine with him, an invitation on a sheet of living blood that has forced you into a secret mission you barely understand. Hopefully the food will be good?

Try your wits against the Meal of Oshregaal! In the three times I have run this, one player has made it out alive. But you can do better! Backgrounds? Power feats? Magic items? Levels? Hit points? Who needs 'em! All you need is a strong stomach and an absolute ton of brains*!

First-level pregens provided. Extras available!

*Brains not for eating ... unless ...!

=22pxHYPERBOREA: Bone Effigy Crucible of the Urgent Chimera: Sun., 12-4
A chimera has been terrorizing the wooded valleys of the Narthex Mountains, robbing battered and wounded adventurers of their items of power. Of course, you had to learn this the hard way. And that magical spear really tied the party together.

But now it's payback time. Armed with what you have left, you've set off for the extinct volcano caldera where the monster makes its home. It messed with the wrong bunch of pathologically violent itinerant psychopaths. Er, adventurers. We'll see who's wounded and terrified this time, chimera.

You'll get that magic spear back, if it hasn't sold it or something already. Some burgers, some beers, a few laughs. Your troubles are over. After all, it's Hyperborea. Am I wrong?

A Hyperborean adventure for extremely angry 3rd-level characters. Pregens. provided.

2/18/2020 1:04 pm  #36

To all my fellow Standard Badge schlubs: Good luck with the bumrush on saturday!

2/19/2020 5:15 am  #37

Same to you, Rich. It’s hard enough attempting to get 2 spots in the same game, I couldn’t imagine trying to score 3 or more.

2/19/2020 8:16 am  #38

I was kind of shocked by how many seats are still open in games that I (and, presumably, many folx here) would be interested in. I grabbed a seat in a couple of games just to give to Silver friends on Sat., thinking those might be in hot demand -- and found that there were still seats left even of what had been released last Sat.

So ... dunno. But I'm already in several games with friends, who also are also in several games with friends ... so, I dunno, I have hope. As long as you're not trying to get into Ghul's game, it seems doable.

2/19/2020 8:10 pm  #39

The new system does seem leave a little more hope for silver badge holders - keeping my fingers crossed.  I hope their server is up to the challenge of even more people this year!

2/20/2020 6:49 pm  #40

I hope for the best, but the track record for GC registration day is........not good.

There were some minor lags during the gold reg last week, so I hope they boost the servers up to eleven for this one.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.