!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2019 8:44 pm  #1

PAX Unplugged

Anyone going this December 6-8/2019??

10/02/2019 3:51 pm  #2

Re: PAX Unplugged

I think Jeff is going to have a booth at this convention.  I will be there as well hopefully running some ASSH events!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

10/03/2019 6:50 am  #3

Ah, I'll have to put this on my schedule then!

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

10/03/2019 1:05 pm  #4

rhialto wrote:

The gaming is not very organized and seems to be all open gaming. I plan on putting a sign up in the booth for a night game and be available for that type of thing each evening.

While in my soul forever

10/03/2019 2:06 pm  #5

Definitely on my radar!

10/03/2019 11:31 pm  #6

I'm pondering a trip in to visit my family then, since we won't be in South Jersey for Christmas this year.

Allan.

10/04/2019 7:08 pm  #7

mabon5127 wrote:

rhialto wrote:

The gaming is not very organized and seems to be all open gaming. I plan on putting a sign up in the booth for a night game and be available for that type of thing each evening.

Thanks, good to know. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

10/19/2019 10:17 am  #8

mabon5127 wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Nice!  Need any help?  I think I’m trying to finalize plans for attending this too!

10/29/2019 9:21 pm  #9

Yep! Hotel reserved and weekend badge now secured   Bring on the PAX Unplugged AS&SH!!

11/04/2019 9:25 pm  #10

Hmm, might try to post an event on BGG, at the link below soon to start seeing if we can get any pre-con AS&SH interest.  
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/262496/pax-unplugged-2019-rpg-freeplay-game-scheduling

11/05/2019 11:41 am  #11

I dropped a game in. This is the strangest convention. Very loosey-goosey on the organization for a con this large.  We'll see what happens.

While in my soul forever

11/05/2019 12:30 pm  #12

mabon5127 wrote:

I dropped a game in. This is the strangest convention. Very loosey-goosey on the organization for a con this large.  We'll see what happens.

Awesome!!

11/05/2019 5:43 pm  #13

Sidebar...ASSH needs some more and better reviews on BGG/RPGG!!

Last edited by WebwayDrifter (11/05/2019 10:45 pm)

11/16/2019 6:41 pm  #14

Looks like there is another AS&SH game in the same room as Mabon's game at the same time slot   They just posted an already full table and will be running The Mystery at Port Greely for 8 hours!  Awesome!  Good to see the AS&SH presence growing!

11/16/2019 6:56 pm  #15

Great news!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/30/2019 12:06 pm  #16

Hey everyone, I now find myself with an open hotel room sharing spot if anyone needs to share that might be going this weekend to PAX.  One of my friends had to drop last minute unfortunately.  Let me know if anyone knows of someone who might like to share a room. Thanks!
-Zak

11/30/2019 7:08 pm  #17

I may be attending as well, not definite yet.

Allan.

12/08/2019 12:26 pm  #18

So how was the con, guys? As Mabon mentioned above the organization from the website seemed very loose; was that an accurate portrayal of the organizations? Did it work? How did your games go?

12/09/2019 6:59 am  #19

tomas wrote:

So how was the con, guys? As Mabon mentioned above the organization from the website seemed very loose; was that an accurate portrayal of the organizations? Did it work? How did your games go?

It was a different sort of Con from what I am used to. The tabletop RPG portion was not done well. They used physical sign up sheets that you had to wait in line to view, decide what you wanted to do, then sign up.  I believe the entire con was centered around the dealers' hall with various companies running demos of their games. If I returned then I would run two-hour demos in support of AS&SH vs a four-hour type game.

That being said this was fertile ground for planting as we talked to folks that were interested in gaming yet had never heard of the product. Everyone was very cordial and the facility was nice.  The hotel and parking were very expensive on a Gen-Con level with higher parking...

If Jeff decides its viable next year I would do things differently as a GM.

While in my soul forever

12/11/2019 9:51 pm  #20

How was the con for you as a publisher, Jeff?---worth it compared to GaryCon or TotalCon?

I was in town, but caught a cold from my eldest just before coming out, so I elected to stay home vs. infesting everyone else at the show

Allan.

Last edited by grodog (12/11/2019 9:52 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.