!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2019 6:06 am  #21

Re: Treasure Hunter Class

Cool class, sounds fun. My only criticism that has not already been put down is the level progression is the same as a fighter. seems it should be at least a bit slower for gaining all of those extra skills.

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

9/25/2019 6:56 am  #22

Thrasaric wrote:

Cool class, sounds fun. My only criticism that has not already been put down is the level progression is the same as a fighter. seems it should be at least a bit slower for gaining all of those extra skills.

Thanks for the feedback!  I definitely struggled with the level progression.  In the end I decided the extra skills were cancelled out by what gets taken away from the Fighter : hit die d8 vs. d10, Weapon Mastery 1 weapon vs. 2, no Grand Mastery, no Heroic Fighting and some weapon and armor restrictions.  But yes, I could just as easily have gone with level 1 being 0-2,249 XP.   

10/04/2019 7:40 pm  #23

Derek_the_Hunter wrote:

Thrasaric wrote:

Thanks for the feedback!  I definitely struggled with the level progression.  In the end I decided the extra skills were cancelled out by what gets taken away from the Fighter : hit die d8 vs. d10, Weapon Mastery 1 weapon vs. 2, no Grand Mastery, no Heroic Fighting and some weapon and armor restrictions.  But yes, I could just as easily have gone with level 1 being 0-2,249 XP.   

Agreed, tit for tat. The Fighter XP tract works for me.

10/04/2019 7:45 pm  #24

My guy just ditched the Any Favored weapons for  Whip, Bola, Blowgun, Boomerang, & of course Radium Pistol! Giving him a play test run this weekend.

10/05/2019 6:18 am  #25

Iron Ranger wrote:

My guy just ditched the Any Favored weapons for  Whip, Bola, Blowgun, Boomerang, & of course Radium Pistol! Giving him a play test run this weekend.

Haha, awesome!  Look forward to hearing how it goes!  Don’t be afraid to be critical.  I’m happy to tweak where warranted.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.