!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2019 8:51 am  #1

New PbP on Discord

To all Adventurers,

I will be starting a AS&SH play-by-post game to be hosted on a private Discord server (used by my fellow gamers from the Dragonsfoot forums).  For those unfamiliar with Discord, it's a chat application that we find is very easy to learn, well-suited to PbP and particularly to posting and responding on a mobile device.  If interested, reply here and once qualified I will PM you an invite link.

The other catch is that I plan to run published adventures (loosely tied together with sandboxy events) for the sake of a few new players. A suitable applicant will be able to handle spoilers if already familiar with eg. "Rats in the Walls" and "The Moss-Hag of Lug." Hopefully you'll still be entertained... after all, the murky jewel of Hyperborea shines strange from each of its myriad facets!

9/01/2019 4:51 pm  #2

Re: New PbP on Discord

Sounds fun! Can I participate as a viewer/reader only?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/01/2019 8:12 pm  #3

Chainsaw wrote:

Sounds fun! Can I participate as a viewer/reader only?

Hi Chainsaw, glad to have you, but I guarantee it'll be more fun if you roll up a toon and play!

Just curious, are the pubbed adventures a factor in your decision?  I'm already considering a tack to making up my own stuff instead, now that I'm looking at some free time opening up.  A short plot or two tied in with a roomy Underborean pile...

Anyhoo, check your PM for invite.

~ sub

1/01/2020 6:44 am  #4

Hello, is the Discord server still in use? If so, could I get an invite please?

Happy 2020!

1/01/2020 8:01 am  #5

Welcome, Holy_Rage! You may also wan to try Q-sub here:

https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=83136

1/01/2020 8:08 am  #6

Thanks, Chainsaw! I already found that post and have tried adding subaltari on Discord, but it doesn't work. I PMed them, I hope I can find a way to contact. Cheers and hopefully see you on a table? Are you playing there?

1/01/2020 10:01 am  #7

Holy_Rage wrote:

Thanks, Chainsaw! I already found that post and have tried adding subaltari on Discord, but it doesn't work. I PMed them, I hope I can find a way to contact.

Wish I could help more, but I don't know subaltari/Q_sub apart from these boards. Give it a few days, maybe after the holidays wrap up and we get back to normal (next week?), he'll check the forums.

Holy_Rage wrote:

Cheers and hopefully see you on a table? Are you playing there?

If only I had the time, man. Some day!

1/01/2020 1:59 pm  #8

Hey Holy_Rage, and if you can't get through to Q_sub, you are always welcome to join Scorched Sanctuary game, right here on this forum.

1/01/2020 5:04 pm  #9

PM sent, Iron Ranger.

1/05/2020 9:28 pm  #10

PM received and sent!  Sorry, I've been away from the board for a week or so, as predicted.

Chainsaw and Iron Ranger, thanks for the assist!

10/02/2020 1:58 am  #11

Hello,

Is it too late to join your play-by-post game? I'm interested in playing AS&SH, but I can't find anyone in the area who is willing to give the game a shot. They're too tied to 5e and Pathfinder, which are fine games, but I want to try something a little different. 

Thanks for reading.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.