!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2019 2:30 pm  #1

Russ Nicholson - art projects

Russ Nicholson has a blog and his most-recent post showcases some developmental art from unpublished projects, some of which has a nice ASSH vibe!:  https://russnicholson.blogspot.com/2019/07/from-galleryroughs-for-proposed-games.html

Anthony Huso and Ray Bailey are two other OSR publishers who've been leveraging Nicholson  in their work.  It's great to see him to continue to bring his unique vision to our favorite hobby! :D

Allan.

7/05/2019 7:12 pm  #2

Re: Russ Nicholson - art projects

No doubt! Russ is a fantastic artist and a pleasure to work with.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

7/06/2019 8:43 am  #3

Thanks for sharing! 

Always loved his work in the Fiend Folio... I reached out to him a few years back for some advice too, and he is simply a great guy!

Actually really like his more modern stuff, and find it interesting that his finished inking style does not resemble his pencils... 

Last edited by mavfire (7/06/2019 8:44 am)

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

7/06/2019 9:36 am  #4

He's great! I was just wearing my demon shirt on July 4. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.