!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2019 10:18 am  #21

Re: pc or pregen generator

Hmm, do you have a copy that is form fillable? I'm not finding a copy in my dirs that is.

What? Me worry?

5/21/2019 10:20 am  #22

gizmomathboy wrote:

I can take a quick look at the 1e sheets to see how different they are and if I can add a choice to use 1e or 2e sheets.

Don't recall there ever being a fillable official 1E sheet. I think Maezar made a homemade version way back.

5/21/2019 10:28 am  #23

Iron Ranger wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

I can take a quick look at the 1e sheets to see how different they are and if I can add a choice to use 1e or 2e sheets.

Don't recall there ever being a fillable official 1E sheet. I think Maezar made a homemade version way back.

Thanks. I wasn't sure since even though I have a lot of ASSH stuff that doesn't mean I might have missed that.

What? Me worry?

5/21/2019 10:42 am  #24

gizmomathboy wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't sure since even though I have a lot of ASSH stuff that doesn't mean I might have missed that.

oh wait a minute. there was one. it was on the resource page.

5/21/2019 10:43 am  #25

Iron Ranger wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

oh wait a minute. there was one. it was on the resource page.

http://www.hyperborea.tv/uploads/4/4/6/6/44662451/assh-character-sheet-letter-size-alpha.pdf

5/21/2019 1:23 pm  #26

Yikes, 510 unlabeled fields. Doable but lots of work to get it sorted out.

What? Me worry?

5/21/2019 1:52 pm  #27

Looks great. I am going to use it for my newest character

5/21/2019 6:39 pm  #28

achiriaco wrote:

Looks great. I am going to use it for my newest character

Malak is back!

5/21/2019 6:59 pm  #29

First cut at getting weapon info done.

Now to figure out how to handle attack and damage modifiers and such. Mastery should be an interesting nut to crack. Partly to figure out which weapon to apply to, especially if Grand master comes into play.

What? Me worry?

5/21/2019 7:10 pm  #30

More findings:
**Death Soldier, Fire Lord, Fire Thief, Ice Lord, Ice Thief don't appear to get their bonus spells for high Intelligence or Wisdom**
Animate Broome: no description
Berserker Horde: says "A berserker can venture the wilderness and attract followers." even for a Runegraver
Block Missile: description is too long for field
Clandestine Tongue(Thieves): "or Thieves' Cant. Secret language of thieves. Major dialects are city thieves and pirates"
Determine Depth and Grade: "Can ascertain the extent of a pit, chasm, or shat by dropping an item and listening. 2:6 chance of success" 
Effigy: "create and effigy of an enemy human or humanoid"
Honour: says "A cataphract comports themselves to a code of honour" even for Paladin
Longevity: description says "For every 13 years the druid effectively ages 1 year" even for Monk and Shaman.
Medicine Man: description doesn't fit in field
Read Scrolls: "Decipher and invokes spells on CLASS scrolls"
Runegraver's Initiate: no description
Shape Change: "Assume to form of a normal, medium sized animal once/day"
Super-Heroic Fighting: no description
Wilderness Traps: "set outdoor trps as thief of equal level"
Witch's Apprentice: no description
Huntsman also has no equipment
"bullâ•Žs-eye lantern"

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

5/21/2019 7:40 pm  #31

Before I tackle that puzzle, what are some thoughts on spells?

I'm thinking of going with the ones BA uses for the NPC party's in his Encounter Tables.

What? Me worry?

5/21/2019 8:33 pm  #32

rhialto wrote:

More findings:
**Death Soldier, Fire Lord, Fire Thief, Ice Lord, Ice Thief don't appear to get their bonus spells for high Intelligence or Wisdom**
Animate Broome: no description
Berserker Horde: says "A berserker can venture the wilderness and attract followers." even for a Runegraver
Block Missile: description is too long for field
Clandestine Tongue(Thieves): "or Thieves' Cant. Secret language of thieves. Major dialects are city thieves and pirates"
Determine Depth and Grade: "Can ascertain the extent of a pit, chasm, or shat by dropping an item and listening. 2:6 chance of success" 
Effigy: "create and effigy of an enemy human or humanoid"
Honour: says "A cataphract comports themselves to a code of honour" even for Paladin
Longevity: description says "For every 13 years the druid effectively ages 1 year" even for Monk and Shaman.
Medicine Man: description doesn't fit in field
Read Scrolls: "Decipher and invokes spells on CLASS scrolls"
Runegraver's Initiate: no description
Shape Change: "Assume to form of a normal, medium sized animal once/day"
Super-Heroic Fighting: no description
Wilderness Traps: "set outdoor trps as thief of equal level"
Witch's Apprentice: no description
Huntsman also has no equipment
"bullâ•Žs-eye lantern"

Damn, that's some impressive levels of testing...

I think I've fixed most of those items.

What? Me worry?

5/21/2019 11:04 pm  #33

Great project!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/22/2019 4:52 am  #34

gizmomathboy wrote:

I'm thinking of going with the ones BA uses for the NPC party's in his Encounter Tables.

Yes, I would do that too, unless it's way too much effort to randomly pick from the vast array of spells (especially for characters greater than level 1).

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

5/22/2019 4:53 am  #35

gizmomathboy wrote:

Damn, that's some impressive levels of testing...

I think I've fixed most of those items.

My break from work: accomplished something of estimable value yesterday! 

5/22/2019 7:46 am  #36

Blackadder23 wrote:

Great project!

Thanks BA.

I'm leaning heavily on the stuff you've made. I'm just transcribing the to a slightly different format and pouring that into a PDF file. :-)

What? Me worry?

5/22/2019 7:47 am  #37

rhialto wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

Yes, I would do that too, unless it's way too much effort to randomly pick from the vast array of spells (especially for characters greater than level 1).

Oh, I think randomly picking from the spell lists is pretty damn easy. However, I think I would want to apply some weighting to it. It's on the list of things that can be done, just not sure where on that list.

What? Me worry?

5/22/2019 2:55 pm  #38

Got a known spells list created from BA23's Encounter Table appendix for NPCs.

About the only thing I would change is spell lists for death soldier, fire lord/thief, ice lord/thief, and mountebank. Currently they are just using the warlock or legerdemainist lists.

What? Me worry?

5/22/2019 2:56 pm  #39

Now to work on weapon atk/dmg bonuses.
I won't worry about Mastery/Grand Mastery on this first pass.

What? Me worry?

5/23/2019 4:02 am  #40

Cool, will try some more tests today; I did see some weapons appear on some of my latter tests.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.