!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2019 11:48 am  #281

Re: HYPERBOREA: Players' Manual, Referee's Screen, and more!

Wow, I look good in this Rats in the Walls shirt!

Thanks again for the great Kickstarter, Jeff!

4/16/2019 2:08 pm  #282

mavfire wrote:

EOTB wrote:

My books were waiting for me when arrived home from a trip this weekend.

They made a splash at Eli's AS&SH game last night - clearly the difference between surviving and my other characters that have died at Eli's hands.  There's power in the player folio!  Put it between yourself and the DM to shield their malevolent intent.

Well Jeff, that backfired on us... I thought we built in the nerf'd powers into the players folio...

Mine arrived sunday! great packaging as per usual. Thanks again Jeff for the stuff. My mother sad she is putting her taxes in the player's folio.... hopefully her taxes are not nerf'd!

D'oh! Del's #1 fan: Mom! :-)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/16/2019 3:51 pm  #283

It took all of an hour for one of my players (a young-un) to spill his water on one of the PM's...fortunately it was mere water, and what's a game without battle-worn manuals? It was a complete coincidence that his character ending up dying later that night, truly.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

4/16/2019 4:24 pm  #284

rhialto wrote:

It took all of an hour for one of my players (a young-un) to spill his water on one of the PM's...fortunately it was mere water, and what's a game without battle-worn manuals? It was a complete coincidence that his character ending up dying later that night, truly.

I brought two books to my regular Tuesday night group, just so we would have a few extra copies on the table for anyone who wanted a quick reference, or for anyone who didn't have a book of their own. Within 30 minutes, one of my players spilled his beer on both copies. It's inevitable. These guys can't have nice things.

4/16/2019 4:25 pm  #285

M'Koth wrote:

Wow, I look good in this Rats in the Walls shirt!

Thanks again for the great Kickstarter, Jeff!

Pictures, or it didn't happen! ;)

4/16/2019 5:21 pm  #286

Ghul wrote:

rhialto wrote:

I brought two books to my regular Tuesday night group, just so we would have a few extra copies on the table for anyone who wanted a quick reference, or for anyone who didn't have a book of their own. Within 30 minutes, one of my players spilled his beer on both copies. It's inevitable. These guys can't have nice things.

And yet, we keep trying: all had a good time, which is all I ask.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

4/16/2019 5:41 pm  #287

rhialto wrote:

mmmm......sure. 

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/16/2019 7:50 pm  #288

Ghul wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Just like the MAP –– you have to have CANVAS players manuals!

4/19/2019 5:13 pm  #289

grodog wrote:

Ghul wrote:

There is light at the end of the tunnel! I see your name on my spreadsheet coming up soon, Allan!

I saw the shipment notification come in today, thanks Jeff :D

My books arrived today, cracking them open momentarily!

Allan.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.