!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2019 9:12 pm  #1

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

What are you guys thinking of the first trailer? I'm digging it, and am looking forward to the story behind Palpatine's cackle. 

4/14/2019 10:28 pm  #2

Re: Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

When will this ever just end.....

4/15/2019 7:51 pm  #3

I don't care about Star Wars at this point.  It's best days are long gone.  I don't care about any of the lineages, nor do I care about the return of probably the worst supervillain and key-stone-cop keepers of law and order, in cinema history.

4/15/2019 9:04 pm  #4

Man, I miss the days when the Ewok village danced into oblivion and this series was quiet for a LONG TIME.

4/16/2019 3:27 pm  #5

francisca wrote:

I don't care about Star Wars at this point.  It's best days are long gone.  I don't care about any of the lineages, nor do I care about the return of probably the worst supervillain and key-stone-cop keepers of law and order, in cinema history.

Rich, the hate is strong with you.. lol

4/17/2019 10:51 am  #6

I hope it's good enough for people still invested in watching new SW films. That's about as positive as I can get. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/17/2019 11:41 am  #7

Chainsaw wrote:

I hope it's good enough for people still invested in watching new SW films. That's about as positive as I can get.

That was a fair effort at being positive and is basically how I feel about the whole thing.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/17/2019 6:02 pm  #8

I'm positive that I honestly don't care if I never see another Star Wars movie.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/17/2019 6:02 pm  #9

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

francisca wrote:

Rich, the hate is strong with you.. lol

Well, I'm not one of those "YOU RUINT MUH CHILDHOOD!!!" types, I just think they were pretty crummy scripts and story lines.

Last edited by francisca (4/17/2019 6:03 pm)

4/17/2019 10:43 pm  #10

What's really funny to me is this: my kids didn't grow up with the original trilogy like I did.  I tried an experiment with them to see reactions.  They saw Episode I and the other prequels before the ones we grew up with.  We've seen all the new movies together in the theatres.  They liked Rogue One and Solo more than Force Awakens and Last Jedi.  That was telling to me as I felt the same way.  We'll go see the next one in theatres too, family outing and all.

I also did the same with the Hobbit/LotR movies, only we haven't gone through them all yet.  They are taking turns reading the Hobbit now.  Can't wait to get their perspectives on LotR movies vs. the books when they get through them all.  They'll have a perspective I never will have and I look forward to their reasoning.

Edit: to be fair, they are seeing the extended Hobbit and possibly the extended LotR films first.  I don't own the theatrical cuts of the Hobbit movies, so when we watch the last one it will be the extended like the other two.  For LotR I may have them watch the theatrical cuts first followed by the extended versions, much like we did Harry Potter.

Last edited by MrManowar (4/17/2019 10:46 pm)

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

5/05/2019 10:02 am  #11

Never was a great fan of Star Wars, but at least it had its unique feel. Now it's another generic franchise like Marvel movie no47 when you can't really tell the difference between most of them but hey, it has lightsabers. I feel like every new movie has a sort of checklist to include so it earns enough money. I kinda get it you do films to make money, but nowadays the amount of money you put in the process of making it makes nobody willing to risk a little and be original. And that's why I feel it's a big, boring gloop.

I must admit however that Rogue One denied a bit what I rant about. Wasn't perfect but I felt the director was trying to tell a unique story which was nice. But the rest with the Hobbit, other SW movies. Big 'meh'. Can't wait my daughter be old enough so we can watch 'Willow' together.

Non-native English speaker - I apologize for any unclear phrasing
hyperborea.video.blog

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.