!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2019 8:23 pm  #81

Re: Gary Con XI (2019)

Handy Haversack wrote:

francisca wrote:

This time next week, Gizmo and I will be rolling into Lake Geneva.

Any chance you can prep my game or cure my cold for me before you leave?

got my own cold knocking me around right now.

3/01/2019 10:57 pm  #82

Handy Haversack wrote:

Three of the NYCrew are in that game with Bryan. I'm psyched -- prog rock and gaming are natural partners!

I played ItCotCK many moons ago, I think the first game I played with Bryan (and likely the first time I met him too).  Had a great time! :D

Handy Haversack wrote:

We're also taking on the tourney!

Hope to see you on Friday night---both Keith and will be DMing some of the rounds.

Allan.

3/02/2019 8:53 am  #83

Handy Haversack wrote:

Any chance you can prep my game or cure my cold for me before you leave?

francisca wrote:

got my own cold knocking me around right now.

I'll see your cold and raise you two patient zeros with the flu. Lol. Both my wife and daughter went to the doc earlier this week and tested positive for the flu. Luckily for me, it seems I was lucky enough to roll an 18 CON and aside from a little unusual fatigue for a day, my immune system has been doing it's job and not succumbing to it.

Hope you feel better before Wed!

Last edited by Cloak n' Dagger (3/02/2019 8:54 am)

3/02/2019 1:28 pm  #84

Sounds like I'm going to be handing out masks along with the character sheets for my games, lol. 

3/02/2019 5:06 pm  #85

nursing a cold myself, but glad its this weekend and not next.... my immune system should have me fully charged by then!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/06/2019 1:18 pm  #86

Hey all just found out my friend I was going to ride with from MKE to Lake Geneva is delayed 6 hrs. Just wanted to see if any one might be driving from MKE to Lake Geneva today after 3:30?

Edit:  Thanks for the ride BigPerm and Monkeydono - you guys are the best!

Last edited by lige (3/11/2019 3:38 pm)

3/06/2019 10:48 pm  #87

Ok peeps, ready for your Gary Con XI Hyperborea photos!

3/11/2019 9:47 am  #88

Well, Gary Con XI is in the books.  It was a great convention and I enjoyed meeting some of the forum folks there.
I ran one AS&SH game, Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes.  I had a couple of players who were brand new to AS&SH and one of them went directly from my game to Jeff's booth to pick up a book, which is about the best praise I could ask for.  I also had quite a few people ask me to run another session, which unfortunately I did not have time to do.  We need to get more AS&SH games on the books for next year though for sure.
I don't remember what crazy plan was being pitched at this moment, but our reactions are great.

3/11/2019 3:42 pm  #89

Nice!  Just saw one of the players from one of my games here at MKE totally engrossed in his new AS&SH book! 

Super fun convention!  It was great to see so many of you.  Can't wait until next year!

3/11/2019 7:31 pm  #90

It was a great convention and I enjoyed meeting some of the forum folks there.
I ran one AS&SH game, Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes.

You managed to run the whole thing in four hours!?! I'm impressed.

3/11/2019 7:45 pm  #91

It was a great convention and I enjoyed meeting some of the forum folks there.
I ran one AS&SH game, Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes.

You managed to run the whole thing in four hours!?! I'm impressed.

3/11/2019 7:49 pm  #92

No, we only did the green diamond mine dungeon.  That filled a good four hours.

3/12/2019 7:51 am  #93

under_score wrote:

No, we only did the green diamond mine dungeon.  That filled a good four hours.

Under_score and I chatted at the "Meeting of Worlds" and both have found that running the dungeon section works really well for a four-hour con slot.

Good to see *most* of you over the weekend! Mabon, Chainsaw, you guys were missed.

It was a good con. Great to see GC attracting more younger people and all kinds of new folx. We had a blast.

Ar'Pharazon, your game was great! I hope you enjoyed the full on-brand experience of the NYCrew. Good to finally meet in person, and hope to see you again soon.

Anecdotal evidence: a LOT of Hyperborea T-shirts being sported around the Con by all sorts of people. That's great!

We are back and seem to be recovered. Remember to give a shout if you're going to be in NYC.

3/12/2019 10:59 am  #94

Had an awesome first Gary Con! My group and I will be back next year for sure.

Played in a couple Hyperborea games, including one with HandyHaversack and couple of his NYC fellows (and one fellow from Ghul's home group), that were a total blast.

In support of Handy's anecdotal evidence, I also noticed many, many of the "Hyperborea Seeker" ribbons on various badges throughout the Con ... A lot of exposure.

Trying to assimilate back into the day to day now ... Many great memories (highlight was playing in a Top Secret: NWO game run by the OG "Administrator," Top Secret creator, Merle Rasmussen).

Last edited by measuredrums (3/12/2019 11:00 am)

3/12/2019 5:27 pm  #95

Handy Haversack wrote:

Good to see *most* of you over the weekend! Mabon, Chainsaw, you guys were missed.

Thanks! will try for next year!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/12/2019 6:21 pm  #96

I had a blast at GaryCon this last weekend!  it was fun to meet a few of you and play in Tim Deschene's (forgive me if I misspelled) event "Black Moss Hag of Lug" on Thrusday Night.  Likewise it was totally cool to talk for a couple of minutes to Jeffrey himself, and get my blue foil tome signed.  I hope I'm fortunate enough to run into you all a bunch at future shows!

Speaking of which, looking forward to those future shows, I'll be certain to add the HYPERBOREA tag to my Event Titles.  I think my event "The Orichalcum Vault" got lost in the flood of events due to the lack of said title.  I only had one lonely player signed up, and instead of running the adventure, I held a 4 hour Dungeon Mastering seminar for him.  Still good times, but not the event I prepared for.

I hope to see more of the community soon.  I do enjoy ASSH, and it compliments my playing style.  I hope the rest of you had fun in Lake Geneva too!

P.S.  Big shout out to Bjorn!  I'm always thrilled to see younger adventurers at the table during conventions, especially in games like Hyperborea and at Conventions like GaryCon.  I'm glad there is a next generation coming up to take the torch.

Behold! The Wizard.
Beware his powers!
UNSPEAKABLE POWERS!

3/12/2019 9:21 pm  #97

That's cool that you got to play with Bjorn.  I met him and his dad the first day there and my roommate for the con recounted how Bjorn had defeated him in Car Wars last year.  Good to see new adventurers joining the ranks.

3/13/2019 9:20 am  #98

We definitely have to coordinate our games next year so we have the chance to sit at each others' tables. Or book Jeff for an after-hours game. Great to see a bunch of you!

-Tim

3/13/2019 11:12 am  #99

mordegast wrote:

We definitely have to coordinate our games next year so we have the chance to sit at each others' tables. Or book Jeff for an after-hours game. Great to see a bunch of you!

-Tim

Good call. Maybe we can throw together a spreadsheet before we submit our games for next GC and see what we can do to ensure some crossover.

3/15/2019 1:10 pm  #100

Handy Haversack wrote:

mordegast wrote:

-Tim

Good call. Maybe we can throw together a spreadsheet before we submit our games for next GC and see what we can do to ensure some crossover.

I'm loving this idea. I try and factor in not running games at the same time as other AS&SH, but sometimes the best laid plans.. lol. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.