!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2018 9:22 pm  #61

Re: HYPERBOREA: Players' Manual, Referee's Screen, and more!

Wow! Everything looks great! Nice work Jeff and the rest of you! Super exciting.

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

10/26/2018 11:35 pm  #62

Looks fabulous Jeff!  Looking forward to the launch! :D

Allan.

10/27/2018 8:14 am  #63

i'm currently GMing "Rats in the Walls" for a group of fiends ... i mean friends ... friends yes.

i really excited that this adventure will updated for AS&SH 2e. it will be the same or you will expand on it?

-Gladiator, What is best in life?
-The inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents,  terrifying vistas of reality,  the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.
-Yee... wait... what ... WHAT?

10/27/2018 9:17 am  #64

demetrisathanasopoulos wrote:

i'm currently GMing "Rats in the Walls" for a group of fiends ... i mean friends ... friends yes.

i really excited that this adventure will updated for AS&SH 2e. it will be the same or you will expand on it?

Based on what's below, it's a revised and lightly expanded version of Rats (also updated to 2E formatting) presented with two other modular adventures.

Ghul wrote:

Rats in the Walls and Other Perils will feature the classic Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea adventure, “Rats in the Walls”, by Jeffrey P. Talanian. This adventure, originally published in 2014 as a special “swag bag” giveaway at Gary Con VI, was inspired by the eponymous story by H.P. Lovecraft. This revised and lightly expanded version will bring that title up to date with our current catalogue of adventure modules.

Rats in the Walls and Other Perils also will include two more short adventures: Chainsaw’s “The Brazen Bull”, and “The Lamia’s Heart”, by Jeffrey P. Talanian. (An early draft of the latter was published in the AFS fanzine.) Edited by David Prata, all three adventures are set in the dismal City-State of Khromarium and designed for from four to six characters of 1st or 2nd level. Like our popular adventure module The Anthropophagi of Xambaala™, we think you will find this to be a great AS&SH campaign starter. It contains just enough mystery and danger to whet the appetites of your players, introducing them to the weird world of sword-and-sorcery role-playing in the City-State of Khromarium.

“Rats in the Walls”: A dockside tavern in Khromarium is plagued by rats of a most unusual breed. These abominable rodents have ruined the tavern keeper’s business and his life. The man is desperate, and he offers a substantial reward for the elimination of his horrific problem.

“The Brazen Bull”: Whilst traversing one of the seedier neighbourhoods of Khromarium, your party are solicited by a greasy-haired Pict. He offers to sell you a sheaf of magical lotus that allows one to see the future or to brew potions that empower the imbiber with sorcery. He beckons you to follow him into a dilapidated building....

“The Lamia’s Heart”: Your party are contracted by the nascent master of an unsanctioned thieves’ guild. To earn his favour, you must steal a singular gem from the mansion of a prominent merchant. Purloining this gem, however, may raise the ire of the city’s official thieves’ guild; notwithstanding, the reward is significant.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/27/2018 9:44 am  #65

Yes, that's exactly right, Chainsaw, thank you for clarifying. So, just a bit of tightening up the manuscript, adding a few rooms. And then we have the two other short adventures, both low level, both in Khromarium.  

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/27/2018 10:28 am  #66

great. thank you both!

-Gladiator, What is best in life?
-The inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents,  terrifying vistas of reality,  the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.
-Yee... wait... what ... WHAT?

10/27/2018 12:39 pm  #67

great. thank you both!

Sure thing. Should be a great low-level module resource - these three adventures can be run together as a sandboxy Khromarium set or independently, anywhere else with fairly minimal modification. I'm running The Brazen Bull in Xambaala right now, for example. One dead so far!

10/27/2018 8:49 pm  #68

Chainsaw wrote:

..one dead so far!

That's it? You're going soft! 

10/27/2018 8:51 pm  #69

Ghul wrote:

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

While I realize this is likely to be a pipe dream, but is there any chance this will ship in time for Gary Con XI? Having those player manuals handy for running games would be awesome

Not a pipe dream at all. It's a very possible reality!

Oh man, that would be fantastic. It would lighten my suitcase so much, lol. 

10/27/2018 9:09 pm  #70

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

..one dead so far!

Getting old, losing a step... 

10/27/2018 11:00 pm  #71

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

While I realize this is likely to be a pipe dream, but is there any chance this will ship in time for Gary Con XI? Having those player manuals handy for running games would be awesome

Not a pipe dream at all. It's a very possible reality!

Oh man, that would be fantastic. It would lighten my suitcase so much, lol. 

Heh, this would be great!  I have six sometimes seven players at the table whom I'm going to vociferously push this KS upon!  I'll be in for the All In level for sure or the "All In" one in case I get others who want this stuff.  Otherwise Excelsior will do!  I don't like sending my regular signed copy around the game table (yeah I also have the limited foil one, but dangnabbit players!  Buy a copy of the game, ahahahaha!)

As to Gary Con, Hmmmm... I may have to register some slots of "Crow's Nest Upon Bleak Shores" there too.   So far just Gamehole and Evercon for me on that one.  Can't wait until Halloween where I'll blast some Misfits and other appropriate metal and such and back this awesome KS!

Last edited by MrManowar (10/27/2018 11:01 pm)

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

10/27/2018 11:53 pm  #72

MrManowar wrote:

Can't wait until Halloween where I'll blast some Misfits and other appropriate metal and such and back this awesome KS!

You mean you actually listen to something other than Manowar? 

10/27/2018 11:55 pm  #73

Chainsaw wrote:

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

..one dead so far!

Have Del play a few sessions. That will increase the body count exponentially! 

10/28/2018 5:33 am  #74

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Have Del play a few sessions. That will increase the body count exponentially! 

Hahaha! He's crushing you, Del!

10/29/2018 7:09 am  #75

Chainsaw wrote:

great. thank you both!

Sure thing. Should be a great low-level module resource - these three adventures can be run together as a sandboxy Khromarium set or independently, anywhere else with fairly minimal modification. I'm running The Brazen Bull in Xambaala right now, for example. One dead so far!

Nice....

How the heck did you get them to go in that warehouse!!!!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

10/29/2018 7:59 am  #76

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

great. thank you both!

Nice....

Morgan: How the heck did you get them to go in that warehouse!!!!
Chainsaw: Very easily. Someone they wanted to find had last been seen entering the building (aka dungeon). Plus, you know, my crew's pretty adventurous - they're always looking for trouble!

10/29/2018 10:56 am  #77

Chainsaw wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Nice....

Morgan: How the heck did you get them to go in that warehouse!!!!
Chainsaw: Very easily. Someone they wanted to find had last been seen entering the building (aka dungeon). Plus, you know, my crew's pretty adventurous - they're always looking for trouble!

Awww Yasss!  The you've found'um head fake!  And if that didn't work candy.

While in my soul forever

10/30/2018 11:05 pm  #78

Backed!
Thanks for taking the project live at midnight, instead of some ungodly hour like seven a.m.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

10/30/2018 11:07 pm  #79

Yup....and goodnight!

While in my soul forever

10/30/2018 11:09 pm  #80

Backed also, as soon as I possibly could, Excelsior indeed!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.