!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2018 5:34 am  #21

Re: Holy Idiot of Xathoqqua

Great Npc!  Now how will the players handle this guy? Keep us in the loop.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

5/12/2018 6:05 pm  #22

Ember the thief tackled the guy as soon as soon he broke out the tambourine and started singing. The party proceeded to loot the barrow mounds above the dungeon with impressive speed and efficiency, keeping me busy and ensuring I lacked sufficient mental bandwidth to engage in shenanigans. Alas, their haste led to their undoing, as the barbarian inexplicably neglected to heal his wounds before engaging a flock of stirges. He will be missed. 

The holy man, who goes by The Sage, is now going to be a regular in my campaign. 

5/12/2018 11:22 pm  #23

Brock Savage wrote:

The holy man, who goes by The Sage, is now going to be a regular in my campaign. 

Yay!

re: "The Sage" -- this makes me think that you need to give him a collection of irrelevant, wrong-headed, and bad-logic aphorisms, that he spouts at divinely-inspired moments of ill-timing, preferably in limmerick form, or something equally glib.  He should also be pimpled and young, of course, since he's The Sage. 

Allan.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.