!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2018 10:40 pm  #261

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

francisca wrote:

WHO ELSE IS STARTING TO GET FIRED UP?

Should be good!

YAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Spent the weekend getting some good prep done for my games. Actually have an idea to run past the hivemind once I get a chance to write it up . . .

Nearly done with editing TTS#3, and working on redrawing some maps of the Castle!  Looking forward to seeing everyone :D

Allan.

3/05/2018 7:48 am  #262

"Chainsaw" wrote:

Good news! I managed to weasel out of my work obligation, so I should be able to attend.

Eh... I spoke too soon! Part of my job is supporting transactions that I don’t get much notice of, and a few of those arose over the past few days and created a conflict for this week. So, sorry for the head fake earlier and for people who had been expecting an off-grid game, but I can’t make it. Again, apologies. Have fun and post some good pics!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/05/2018 9:13 am  #263

Chainsaw wrote:

"Chainsaw" wrote:

Good news! I managed to weasel out of my work obligation, so I should be able to attend.

Eh... I spoke too soon! Part of my job is supporting transactions that I don’t get much notice of, and a few of those arose over the past few days and created a conflict for this week. So, sorry for the head fake earlier and for people who had been expecting an off-grid game, but I can’t make it. Again, apologies. Have fun and post some good pics!

DAMNIT

3/05/2018 9:35 am  #264

Chainsaw wrote:

"Chainsaw" wrote:

Sorry to hear it, Chainsaw! I hope to see you at North Texas!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/05/2018 9:51 am  #265

Ghul wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

"Chainsaw" wrote:

Sorry to hear it, Chainsaw! I hope to see you at North Texas!

Well dang!  Sorry to hear that a period of fun, relaxing, activity has been replaced with work.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/05/2018 10:29 am  #266

Not to pile on but I just got some work meetings for the Monday afterwards that I have no choice but to make. So I'm now going to have to head home after my SL game ends at 2pm and I won't be able to run Descent into Krimmea Sunday night. 
Iron, DMAngelo and Stahlnee, my apologies for having to cancel on you. I wasn't expecting these meetings with these particular folks but when these types set something, I need to make it. 

3/05/2018 10:34 am  #267

Chainsaw wrote:

"Chainsaw" wrote:

Son of a--!

My heart can't take this constant toying with. Even monsters cry, Chainsaw.

We'll miss you!

3/05/2018 6:40 pm  #268

We shall endeavor to tip a glass for you Chainsaw!

Ar'Parazon, at least you are going to be there for the best parts!

Who's running off grid games? I need to fill the foolsgrave slot on Friday and/or saturday night!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/05/2018 10:13 pm  #269

Yeah, hit some bad luck, but I’m sure you all will have a blast. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/05/2018 11:00 pm  #270

I spent three hours on the phone with Delta to move our flight from Wed. morning to Tue night because a foot of snow is coming our way here in the metropole. What a shitshow. If anyone's staying at the airport hotel tomorrow night, shout.

3/05/2018 11:03 pm  #271

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Not to pile on but I just got some work meetings for the Monday afterwards that I have no choice but to make. So I'm now going to have to head home after my SL game ends at 2pm and I won't be able to run Descent into Krimmea Sunday night. 
Iron, DMAngelo and Stahlnee, my apologies for having to cancel on you. I wasn't expecting these meetings with these particular folks but when these types set something, I need to make it. 

Its all good. You do what you gotta do.

3/06/2018 7:28 am  #272

Well, s***. That blows, Chainsaw. Tell your employer to suck it and come on up anyway!  

I'm heading out from northern Virginia at 4am tomorrow with some peeps. See y'all when I get there. I'll be the nerd with the Washington Capitals hoodie on. 

Anyone going to Mentzer's par-tay?

Last edited by Druvas (3/06/2018 7:29 am)

3/06/2018 9:34 am  #273

My ride from Milwaukee to Lake Geneva had to switch which days he's flying in, so I'm looking to carpool.  Anyone else getting into Milwaukee around 1:30pm Wednesday have an extra seat available?

3/06/2018 8:30 pm  #274

mavfire wrote:

Who's running off grid games? I need to fill the foolsgrave slot on Friday and/or saturday night!

So, is anybody running a Saturday & Sunday night game? DM Angelo and I are needing to fill Foolsgrave & Krimmea slots too!

3/11/2018 6:30 pm  #275

Well... Gary con is over. What a blast. I was able to reconnect with old friends, make a lot of new one, and just enjoy those that are drawn to this magnificent game system! I am convinced that the nicest people in gaming play AS&SH. Truly. 

I ran two slots of Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent (an original adventure published by Ghul, though heavily modified by me.) Once on Friday night and once on Saturday. Both groups did well, and looked to be having a good time. I am very appreciative of all of those guys and girl who took a chance to play in my first Con events ever. I was nervous as all hell, when I found out that both of my games had sold out at the diamond, platinum and gold levels. Truely suprised and humbled. 

I would like to take a moment to thank each of the groups who participated. In Fridays game; Dale E, Keith and Bjorn N, Thomas C, Michael Y and Burl Z. I think only Michael said he had played Hyperborea once before, though several of them had already purchased one version or the other. This group did a great job, their roleplaying and interactions with eachother were great to watch and experience. They chose to follow clues to the main crypt area, but when encountering the crypt guardian they all found themselves in a petrified position.

The second group had me more nervous once I found out who all was going to be in it. Jeff S, Jay, Em, Michael S, Erik, and Philippe. Too this group found the signs to the main crypt entrance and made it into the main vaults. They bypassed the crypt guardian, and ended up getting caught up in what Ar'Pharazon called "Del's Tomb of Horrors". I think I kept them all on their feet, and even though they didnt have much combat I had them intrigued the whole time. (I shall change that in the scenario for the next time I run it...there needs to be at least one or two more combat encounters.) I think our berserker was a bit anxious to beat on something, but never really got the chance too. This group fought their way through every trick and trap, losing their guide to a crushing trap with the help of the Shaman, and their pyromancer to a series of unfortunate traps. All in all I think they all had a good time. 

I hope everyone enjoyed playing in Hyperborea with me. I most certainly enjoyed meeting everyone who played in my games. 

My only regret of the con was that I didnt get to play in more games with my old friends. I shall endeavor to change that at future cons. 

Thank you to everyone from these forums for making Gary Con X a very good con for me!

Last edited by mavfire (3/14/2018 3:36 pm)

mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/12/2018 7:10 am  #276

mavfire wrote:

Well... Gary con is over. What a blast. I was able to reconnect with old friends, make a lot of new one, and just enjoy those that are drawn to this magnificent game system! I am convinced that the nicest people in gaming play AS&SH. Truly. 

I ran two slots of Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent (an original adventure published by Ghul, though heavily modified by me.) Once on Friday night and once on Saturday. Both groups did well, and looked to be having a good time. I am very appreciative of all of those guys and girl who took a chance to play in my first Con events ever. I was nervous as all hell, when I found out that both of my games had sold out at the diamond, platinum and gold levels. Truely suprised and humbled. 

I would like to take a moment to thank each of the groups who participated. In Fridays game; Dale Ehinger, Keith and Bjorn Nelson, Thomas Colley, Michael Young and Burl Zorn. I think only Michael said he had played Hyperborea once before, though several of them had already purchased one version or the other. This group did a great job, their roleplaying and interactions with eachother were great to watch and experience. They chose to follow clues to the main crypt area, but when encountering the crypt guardian they all found themselves in a petrified position.

The second group had me more nervous once I found out who all was going to be in it. Jeff Schifert, Jay, Em, Michael Simon, Erik (didnt catch his last name), and Philippe Genequand. Too this group found the signs to the main crypt entrance and made it into the main vaults. They bypassed the crypt guardian, and ended up getting caught up in what Ar'Pharazon called "Del's Tomb of Horrors". I think I kept them all on their feet, and even though they didnt have much combat I had them intrigued the whole time. (I shall change that in the scenario for the next time I run it...there needs to be at least one or two more combat encounters.) I think our berserker was a bit anxious to beat on something, but never really got the chance too. This group fought their way through every trick and trap, losing their guide to a crushing trap with the help of the Shaman, and their pyromancer to a series of unfortunate traps. All in all I think they all had a good time. 

I hope everyone enjoyed playing in Hyperborea with me. I most certainly enjoyed meeting everyone who played in my games. 

My only regret of the con was that I didnt get to play in more games with my old friends. I shall endeavor to change that at future cons. 

Thank you to everyone from these forums for making Gary Con X a very good con for me!

Sounds like you had a great time with your first Convention games!!  That second group is very intimidating!  Some of the BEST players ever as they will find ways to take on an adventure that one would never think of!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/12/2018 1:20 pm  #277

mavfire wrote:

I had a good time, and clearly everyone was enjoying themselves, so thanks again for running it. You did a great job and I must compliment you on your props. You've upped the ante for all of us who run games!
And, as always, it was great to see you again Del. 

3/12/2018 1:24 pm  #278

I'd like to thank everyone who ran games that I played in. I had a fantastic time and really enjoyed myself. I'd also like to thank those who played in my games, I am humbled that mine all sold out and everyone actually showed up! It looked like everyone was having a good time, which is my goal when I run stuff. 

Most of all, thanks to Ghul for creating and supporting a kick ass game. Even telling new players about Hyperborea and directing them to your booth is a blast!

3/13/2018 1:52 pm  #279

mavfire wrote:

In Fridays game; . . . Thomas . . . , Michael. . . . I think only Michael said he had played Hyperborea once before, though several of them had already purchased one version or the other.

Tom and Michael were in my game on Thu. and were great. I'll reach out to them and point them to the forum because they were exactly the kind of player we should be recruiting: imaginative, fun, ready to rock and/or roll. They were a lot of fun.

3/13/2018 2:38 pm  #280

Tom and Michael were in my game on Thu. and were great. I'll reach out to them and point them to the forum because they were exactly the kind of player we should be recruiting: imaginative, fun, ready to rock and/or roll. They were a lot of fun.

I completely agree handy! Even when their session of mine only lasted 2.45 hours of the four hour slot they were gracious and good about it. I felt bad for turning that whole group to stone....

mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.