!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2017 1:25 pm  #241

Re: Brew

Ghul wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Hahaha! Sounds like a great time.

My black heart was 2/3rds filled with happiness as I drove away. :-)

You come at the Dread Necromancer, you best not miss.

Brew-wise, I've decided to rededicate myself to quantity over quality.

12/13/2017 1:48 pm  #242

Last edited by rredmond (12/13/2017 1:50 pm)

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

12/13/2017 2:07 pm  #243

Haha! Nice one, Double R! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/03/2018 7:53 pm  #244

Back to brews, I'm enjoying Bell's Hopslam.  I saved a six pack to bring to Gary Con!  Good times.  Also Founders CBS was quite good!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

2/04/2018 7:44 am  #245

For the big game today I bought a bottle of Adroit Theory's Death of Cthulhu, among others. Have no idea how good it is, but the name did it.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

2/09/2018 11:36 am  #246

Did someone say "beer?"  What forum would be complete without a beer thread?  After reading through past posts I must observe that you are all gentlemen of refined leisure and impeccable tastes.  I snapped this photo at work a few weeks ago with one of those fish-man-eye lens thingies.  I've been working in the beer business for a decade and am also into homebrewing, though it's been a while since my last batch.

2/09/2018 4:30 pm  #247

BinaryTortuga wrote:

Did someone say "beer?"  What forum would be complete without a beer thread?  After reading through past posts I must observe that you are all gentlemen of refined leisure and impeccable tastes.  I snapped this photo at work a few weeks ago with one of those fish-man-eye lens thingies.  I've been working in the beer business for a decade and am also into homebrewing, though it's been a while since my last batch.

I would like to go adventuring at this location. What golden treasure might be found! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/10/2018 11:24 am  #248

It's full of stars!!!
Where is this lovely place?
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

2/10/2018 11:51 am  #249

rredmond wrote:

It's full of stars!!!
Where is this lovely place?
--Ron--

It's a partial view of the brewhouse at the Abita Brewery in Abita Springs, Louisiana.  One level above the tour groups walk through a sparse, clean mezzanine where the upper portions of the stainless vessels can be seen (mash tun, lauter tun, kettle, and whirlpool).  But down here is where the work happens.  The three smaller vessels are hop dosers- for adding hops to the kettle at various stages of the boil.  Part of the wort kettle can be seen on the right hand side of the frame.  All the piping is for conveying electrical wiring, hot and cold water, steam, cleaning solutions, compressed air, and of course the wort as it makes its way through the process.

Also, +1 for the 2001 reference

Last edited by BinaryTortuga (2/10/2018 11:53 am)

2/10/2018 12:02 pm  #250

Ghul wrote:

I would like to go adventuring at this location. What golden treasure might be found! ;)

It would make a cool setting for an adventure...  There's treasure aplenty.  It just needs to be populated by random baddies, and the dangers exaggerated into traps!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.