!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2018 1:06 pm  #141

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

francisca wrote:

Are you going to gencon this year?

Yes.  I take two of my daughters with me.  I plan on running at least one AS&SH event and then Jonny Quest on Friday night for Hollow Earth Expedition's Den of Ubiquity..

Not trying to pile on, Morgan, but Manny wanted me to pass along how sad he and the rest of the crew are that you won't be at GaryCon. Maybe we can road-trip down your way this year or figure out a way to get you up here for some gaming.

You folks are very kind.  That would be awesome at some point during the year!  I am glad I haven't wasted your time at the table.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/06/2018 1:18 pm  #142

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Yes.  I take two of my daughters with me.  I plan on running at least one AS&SH event and then Jonny Quest on Friday night for Hollow Earth Expedition's Den of Ubiquity..

Not trying to pile on, Morgan, but Manny wanted me to pass along how sad he and the rest of the crew are that you won't be at GaryCon. Maybe we can road-trip down your way this year or figure out a way to get you up here for some gaming.

You folks are very kind.  That would be awesome at some point during the year!  I am glad I haven't wasted your time at the table.

After playing with Handy for years, and barely getting a lousy +0 dagger, they are desperate! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/06/2018 6:06 pm  #143

Ghul wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

After playing with Handy for years, and barely getting a lousy +0 dagger, they are desperate! ;)

Taking them to cons is so risky. I have to begin their training all over again once I get them back in the Austerity Zone.

Though they all now get T-shirts that say GHUL POWER!

1/06/2018 6:08 pm  #144

. . . the T-shirts are also cursed.

1/06/2018 6:59 pm  #145

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ghul wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Taking them to cons is so risky. I have to begin their training all over again once I get them back in the Austerity Zone.

Though they all now get T-shirts that say GHUL POWER!

The equivalent of a +0 Dagger without all that combat utility.

While in my soul forever

1/07/2018 4:05 pm  #146

Hey Jeff---

Are you running any events at GaryCon besides the celebrity Saturday night game and the Friday night "Hyperborea: The Palace Ruins of Xambaala"?  I don't see any others on the schedule.

Allan.

1/07/2018 6:59 pm  #147

grodog wrote:

Hey Jeff---

Are you running any events at GaryCon besides the celebrity Saturday night game and the Friday night "Hyperborea: The Palace Ruins of Xambaala"?  I don't see any others on the schedule.

Allan.

Hi Allan,

No, besides running those two games, I was invited to a VIP party on Thursday night, and on Friday morning I'm going to be part of a panel discussion on working with Gary. And then there is the booth to run, so although I'm only running two AS&SH games, I'll be super busy all weekend. That's why it's so good to have such a great crew of fellows running AS&SH throughout the weekend, because it's hard for me to find blocks of time. If only sleep wasn't necessary!

Cheers,
Jeff T.

1/08/2018 11:37 pm  #148

Ghul wrote:

grodog wrote:

No, besides running those two games, I was invited to a VIP party on Thursday night, and on Friday morning I'm going to be part of a panel discussion on working with Gary.

I saw the panel discussion.  It would be nice if that could be recorded---would be a nice archive, I'm sure!

Ghul wrote:

And then there is the booth to run, so although I'm only running two AS&SH games, I'll be super busy all weekend. That's why it's so good to have such a great crew of fellows running AS&SH throughout the weekend, because it's hard for me to find blocks of time. If only sleep wasn't necessary!

I understand!  I'll try to catch one of your games at NTX then, since I'm running games on Friday night.  Thanks!

Allan.

1/12/2018 1:48 am  #149

Any off grid games on SUNDAY night?

1/12/2018 8:49 am  #150

Assuming we can get enough people to play, I'm running Descent into Krimmea.

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (1/12/2018 8:50 am)

1/12/2018 9:05 am  #151

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Cool--I wasn't sure I was going to be able to sign up for any of your games.

1/12/2018 10:43 am  #152

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

you'll have enough.

1/12/2018 1:29 pm  #153

Definitely interesting in the Sunday evening game. Will most likely be at the bar grabbing a bite and beverages after 4pm on Sunday.

1/19/2018 9:51 am  #154

As of right now, after the Diamond badges have badged up, Ghul's celebrity game is the most popular thing at GaryCon!

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-x/schedule/616

1/19/2018 10:36 am  #155

Handy Haversack wrote:

As of right now, after the Diamond badges have badged up, Ghul's celebrity game is the most popular thing at GaryCon!

Nice!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/19/2018 11:24 am  #156

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Nice!

How can he remain humble after this.....?

While in my soul forever

1/19/2018 12:23 pm  #157

Jeff be like:

1/19/2018 12:24 pm  #158

In looking at the celebrity game, I'm a little confused how there is 5 seats taken. I thought there were only 2 Diamond badges?

1/19/2018 12:33 pm  #159

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Nice!

How can he remain humble after this.....?

"I am  a golden god!" ;)

1/19/2018 12:34 pm  #160

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

In looking at the celebrity game, I'm a little confused how there is 5 seats taken. I thought there were only 2 Diamond badges?

Luke Gygax and Skip Williams are going to play, so there are a celebrity players, too.  

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.