!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/23/2017 1:22 am  #1

Richard Tierney

Just wanted to point out my second favorite swords and shoggoths author. If you like weird fantasy, his Simon of Gitta stories need to be on your reading list. Though he's probably better known for his Red Sonja yarns, and those aren't too shabby either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_L._Tierney

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

12/24/2017 9:49 pm  #2

Re: Richard Tierney

Interesting!

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

2/05/2022 7:46 pm  #3

https://dmrbooks.com/test-blog/2022/2/3/richard-l-tierney-1936-2022

RIP to one of the most underrated, unsung heroes of sword & sorcery.

Last edited by Jimm.Iblis (2/05/2022 7:58 pm)

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

2/06/2022 6:33 am  #4

I just saw this news, and now need to rectify my ignorance with some Simon of Gitta tales...

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

2/07/2022 9:19 am  #5

I’ve probably read more of Tierney’s poetry than his fiction, but it’s been quite some time since I cracked open one of his books. Will have to do so soon!

Allan.

2/08/2022 1:19 pm  #6

Mention of a new collection of Tierney's poetry was something that heartened my spirits in the obit. Also, the possibility of a new Simon novel? Anyway, nothing seems to generate interest in a body of work more than the death of it's  author, unfortunate as that is. I'm glad to see more interest in his work and I'm sure Eldrichard would be too.

2/08/2022 1:42 pm  #7

RIP

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.