!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2017 7:07 am  #1

What are you watching?

Mrs. Chainsaw and I went to the movies to see It last night. We thought it was pretty good! Yeah, some nitpicks here and there, but worth checking out if you like horror stories. 

The movie "experience" however was kind of a letdown - $47 small coke, one speaker broken, two different sets of people nearby who could not keep from talking the whole time... reminded me why we usually wait to watch at home.  :|

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/09/2017 8:25 am  #2

Re: What are you watching?

My daughter thought it was pretty good as well. The inconsiderate folks are the reason I went from seeing movies twice a month to maybe twice a year.  I wouldn't mind the cost if they would jam cell phones and throw the disruptive people out.  Well ok I would still complain about the cost...

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/17/2017 1:46 pm  #3

Planning to see IT this coming Friday on my day off. My wife and I have been watching the TV series Midnight, Texas. It's a little on the cheesy side but entertaining enough we haven't felt the need to quit watching, yet. Recently finished up season two of Colony, which I enjoyed, looking forward to season three. Trying to catch up on Supernatural, finishing up season 11 and then on to season 12. Patiently awaiting S2 of Stanger Things.

Last edited by Cloak n' Dagger (9/17/2017 1:47 pm)

9/18/2017 8:30 am  #4

My wife and I finished up the Dirk Gently series.

Definitely more "inspired by" the books than "by the book". It feels a bit like a prequel to the books and maybe a bit of an origin story, too.

Not bad overall, but I have some rather forgiving standards.

What? Me worry?

10/12/2017 2:11 pm  #5

I'm looking forward to the new season of Dirk Gently, which begins this coming weekend.
Just binge watched "American Horror Story: Roanoke".  Brilliant.  Not for the squeamish.
Loving "The Orville". 

10/12/2017 7:29 pm  #6

ThornPlutonius wrote:

I'm looking forward to the new season of Dirk Gently, which begins this coming weekend.
Just binge watched "American Horror Story: Roanoke".  Brilliant.  Not for the squeamish.
Loving "The Orville". 

I'm surprised how much I like "The Orville". I kinda hate McFarlane (mostly how he tends to drive a gag into the ground). Some of the humor can be skipped or changed out but :shrug:. I expect I'll stop watching after season 2 since that's when he's stuff starts to get stale IMO.

What? Me worry?

9/15/2018 7:07 am  #7

Finally watched Solo and thought it was great - a few cool/exciting scenes, light and fun. Probably my favorite one after the originals. What a nice surprise! 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/28/2018 9:38 pm  #8

Chainsaw wrote:

Finally watched Solo and thought it was great - a few cool/exciting scenes, light and fun. Probably my favorite one after the originals. What a nice surprise!

Still, haven't seen Solo. Mad at Disney for The Last Jedi

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.