!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2017 9:07 am  #1

Justice League Movie

So Zack Snyder has stepped away from the project due to the tragic suicide of his daughter. Joss Whedon is taking over for post production and reshoots/additional scenes. 

Maybe Whedon's involvement on the back end might be a shot in the arm for the DCCU?

5/23/2017 5:51 pm  #2

Re: Justice League Movie

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Maybe Whedon's involvement on the back end might be a shot in the arm for the DCCU?

Hopefully, but it also depends on how much creative control they give him. I think the DC arc of movies will be pretty good regardless, though. The new Wonder Woman movie looks fantastic. I like to see my Amazons portrayed in a more "Classical" manner.

Last edited by foxroe (5/23/2017 5:52 pm)

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

5/24/2017 7:38 am  #3

I agree, the new WW movie looks fantastic. That being said, BvS bordered on being terrible, especially considering that CA: Civil War came out right shortly after it and was FAR superior. 
I'm hoping that Whedon is granted enough license to pull the trigger on as reshoots to make it as good of a movie as it can be.

5/24/2017 7:19 pm  #4

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

I agree, the new WW movie looks fantastic. That being said, BvS bordered on being terrible, especially considering that CA: Civil War came out right shortly after it and was FAR superior. 
I'm hoping that Whedon is granted enough license to pull the trigger on as reshoots to make it as good of a movie as it can be.

I probably enjoyed Batman v Superman so much because I'm no steeped in the mythology.  Whatever reason, I think is a fine film. I was leery of the premise going in, but it made some sense as it unfolded. I acknowledge mine seems to be a minority opinion.  /chuckle/

Anytime you can get Whedon on a project, the best thing to do is to give him a free hand.  He's enough of a professional to respect what's already done while putting his own touch onto it.

6/03/2017 9:29 am  #5

I saw Wonder Woman last night (my wife's idea) and thought it was pretty good.  For some reason it was set during WWI instead of WWII though.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

6/03/2017 3:21 pm  #6

Blackadder23 wrote:

I saw Wonder Woman last night (my wife's idea) and thought it was pretty good.   

I just saw it earlier today. Thought it was solid, clearly the best movie of the DCCU I liked their take on the character quite a bit and to me, she's the most compelling character in the DCCU so far. 

6/03/2017 4:25 pm  #7

Blackadder23 wrote:

I saw Wonder Woman last night (my wife's idea) and thought it was pretty good.  For some reason it was set during WWI instead of WWII though.

Probably to avoid comparisons with Captain America. I think it was a smart marketing and story choice. It doesn't really detract too much from the mythos/story (didn't read the comics, just watched the Linda Carter tv shows). It does underscore her Amazonian/metahuman longevity (based on the BvS movie arc).

I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow morning.

What? Me worry?

7/02/2017 10:37 pm  #8

#1 change- change the color palate to something resembling normal.  Snyder shot Superman and Batman v Superman in ridiculously muted colors

It made for drab viewing

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

12/20/2017 10:41 pm  #9

I ended up seeing JL last month when it came out. Thought it was a solid, fun movie and enjoyed it far more than Batman v. Superman. 

1/08/2019 3:46 am  #10

This genre is the best for my kids. Their vacation is about to begin and I have lined up nice movies and shows by Andy Yeatman for them. I want them to enjoy and learn at the same time and therefore, these series are going to be perfect for that.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.