!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2017 8:18 pm  #121

Re: Gary Con IX (2017)

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

You young people with your busy schedules!

Let's not count *those* chickens until they make it to the 8 AM games they've signed up for!

Very True!

I may yet break from running as many 8am games as I can so I have more time in the rest of my day. However, I think my one 10am game did sell out the fastest I think.

If nothing else I can sleep in later or have a more leisurely morning if I do that. We'll see about that next year.

What? Me worry?

1/27/2017 8:55 am  #122

Better get these adventures written....Everything with a Hyperborea tag has sold out.  I think this was a help for folks to find the games.

I also have a couple games with waiting list folks.  Not sure how to handle this for fairness sake but that's the least of my worries right now.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/27/2017 10:03 am  #123

mabon5127 wrote:

Better get these adventures written....

Other than drawing the maps, keying the maps, creating the pregens and painting the miniatures, I'm totally finished with mine. You need to get with the program, Morgan!

mabon5127 wrote:

Everything with a Hyperborea tag has sold out.  I think this was a help for folks to find the games.

Agreed! A few don't have the HYPERBOREA tag, like Eric Peterson's games and francisca's Electrum Serpent game (which has an AS&SH tag), but those are all sold out too, except for Eric's Blackbriars and a Dead Rabbit game on Thursday at 2PM (still has 6/6 seats left, if anyone needs a game then).

mabon5127 wrote:

I also have a couple games with waiting list folks.  Not sure how to handle this for fairness sake but that's the least of my worries right now.

Technically, I think they have first dibs if someone else who is registered drops out, but from what I can tell, there's no way of knowing how many waiting lists they may be on and if when they join something that opens up they fall off the other lists or not. If I have room and someone extra shows up, whether a wait list person or not, I'll let them join on a first come, first serve basis. I don't want to turn away a non-wait list walk-up because of a wait lister who's not present. The wait lister could very well have gotten something else going on and never show up.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/30/2017 1:43 pm  #124

Chainsaw wrote:

Technically, I think they have first dibs if someone else who is registered drops out, but from what I can tell, there's no way of knowing how many waiting lists they may be on and if when they join something that opens up they fall off the other lists or not. If I have room and someone extra shows up, whether a wait list person or not, I'll let them join on a first come, first serve basis. I don't want to turn away a non-wait list walk-up because of a wait lister who's not present. The wait lister could very well have gotten something else going on and never show up.

It's my understanding that they have first dibs to register prior to the con, if someone should drop the event.  At the convention, at game time, it's up to the hosting DM who gets any extra seats. That's how I'm rolling with it, anyhow.

2/15/2017 2:13 pm  #125

Hi all,
I just joined this hyperborea board, and I'm looking forward to playing some AS&SH at Gary Con IX. Very excited!
Jacques

Jacques de Molay, Grand Master

2/15/2017 2:15 pm  #126

Welcome!  Do you remember the names of the ASSH events you signed up for?

While in my soul forever

2/15/2017 2:28 pm  #127

Thank, you Mabon! I'm signed up for quite a bit (under my secret real name, Ernesto):

THU
12pm-4pm Hyperborea Trouble in Vikeland I (Richard Franks)
8pm-12am Hyperborea The Sea Wolf's Daughter (Jeff Talanian)

FRI
12pm-4pm Hyperborea Trouble in Vikland II (Richard Franks)

SAT
2pm-6pm Hyperborea Too Long in the Midnight Sea (Eli Elder)

I got the first edition box set at last Gary Con (my first Con) and have looked through it quite a bit but have only played it once, in a game run by my friend Eli Elder at GriffCon in South Bend.  I'm looking forward to more madness.

2/15/2017 7:59 pm  #128

Welcome Ernesto! Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Not long now - maybe five weeks or so. Better finish my adventures!

2/15/2017 11:32 pm  #129

Chainsaw wrote:

Welcome Ernesto! Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Not long now - maybe five weeks or so. Better finish my adventures!

looking forward to seeing you, as well!

2/16/2017 4:08 pm  #130

Good to see you on the board Jacques!

3/15/2017 6:34 pm  #131

One week to go! Hope everyone's ready!

3/15/2017 6:36 pm  #132

Nope not yet......

While in my soul forever

3/15/2017 6:39 pm  #133

mabon5127 wrote:

Nope not yet......

I'm still keying my dungeons!

3/15/2017 6:41 pm  #134

Chainsaw wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Nope not yet......

I'm still keying my dungeons!

Had my last exam before spring break so now I can work on adventures guilt free!

While in my soul forever

3/16/2017 10:44 pm  #135

Chainsaw wrote:

Ha!

Allan.

3/17/2017 8:02 am  #136

grodog wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Ha!

Allan.

I'm completely finished except for keying the 301 rooms on Level 1 of Foolsgrave. 

3/17/2017 9:01 am  #137

I just have to make 6 more boards for my new Circus Maximus track and I'll be ready. On the upside 5 of those are straightaways but the 6th is the crossover intersection for the figure-8 track.

What? Me worry?

3/17/2017 4:05 pm  #138

Organized 2e artwork, and other as&sh art. Cut backerboards and began bagging it all up. I have to say there is a lot of content there. Printed business cards, gettIng ready to pack it all up and head west to the home of D&D and fantasy roleplaying!

Super excited to see you all again!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/18/2017 9:33 am  #139

Only a few days away! Can't wait!

To those of you in any of my Foolsgrave games, we'll be rolling "experienced" Level 1 PCs (and any replacements) at the table, using the guidelines below. If you want to roll your PC(s) ahead of time, please feel free. 

- 4d6 arranged to taste
- Max HP at level one
- 4d6x20 gold for equipment
- 800+d6x100 starting XP
- Potion of Healing

Spellcasters, in their spellbooks, automatically receive Detect Magic, roll randomly for two more Level 1 spells and then pick two more Level 1 spells. Your spellbook should then have a total of five spells. Per the rules, you can memorize one per day (maybe two if your intelligence is high enough).  Also, you will start with three scrolls: two for spells selected from your Level 1 spellbook and one for a spell selected from the Level 2 spell list. This means every spellcaster starts with a minimum of four castable spells (probably five).

3/20/2017 11:58 am  #140

See you all there!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.