!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2016 10:52 am  #61

Re: Gary Con IX (2017)

Finally got mine submitted:

HYPERBOREA: Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes: Beneath the Sand (asked for Thu., 12-4)
In the depths of Diamond Desert, skeletal remains of the legendary Viking longship Ymir’s Serpent are stranded on the dunes. Beneath the haunted ship, an ancient diamond mine stirs with sinister activity. Your band of cutthroats, warriors, and fanatics, hired by the mysterious wizard Vul Kovtu, has crossed the desert in search of legendary green diamonds, and now the prize awaits you, if you dare claim it. For legends of madness and power surround the green diamonds, and Vul Kovtu keeps his own counsel even as he sends you into danger
---
Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes is an adventure by Jeffrey P. Talanian for Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea for characters level 2-4. In this session, players will delve into the culmination of the adventure beneath the Diamond Desert. No experience with AS&SH is necessary, and pregenerated characters will be provided.
HYPERBOREA: The Meal of Oshregaal (asked for Sun., 12-4)
Most have heard of Oshregaal, the chaos sorcerer who created the armies of tusk people that threaten the land. He lives underground, his opulent mansion set in the wall of a great cavern. But few possess an invitation to dine in his lair, an invitation scribed on a sheet of living blood, an invitation that has launched you on a secret mission to sorcerer's lair under the war-torn land. Be calm, stay cool, and come hungry. Those blood homunculi aren't going to eat themselves! Unless . . .
---
Players will sit down for The Meal of Oshregaal, by Arnold K. of Goblin Punch. We will use the Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea rules for this adventure, and lvl. 1 characters will be provided.

Last edited by Handy Haversack (11/29/2016 10:53 am)

11/29/2016 8:12 pm  #62

Awesome, Handy! That makes 20 AS&SH events at Gary Con this year. Cool!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/12/2016 11:18 pm  #63

Just got the confirmation for three out of my 4 events.  I'm going to have to find different times for my Saturday session as the Sat. slots are full.  Anyone else getting similar messages?

12/13/2016 8:27 am  #64

lige wrote:

Just got the confirmation for three out of my 4 events. I'm going to have to find different times for my Saturday session as the Sat. slots are full. Anyone else getting similar messages?

I'm seeing conflicting--or at least confusing--information.

Signed up for Thu. at 12 and Sun. at 12. The summary pages for each event does not list a start date and time, just an end time: 10:50 PM and 9:50 PM. But the "Notes" area on the "Edit event" page shows that the events were queued to be scheduled, scheduled, and then queued to be scheduled again!

"12/01 07:20 Queued to be Scheduled
12/13 02:12 Scheduled: on Friday at 1:00 PM in Linwood1
2/13 04:13 Queued to be Scheduled"

"12/01 07:19 Queued to be Scheduled
12/13 02:12 Scheduled: on Thursday at 12:00 PM in Evergreen 3
12/13 04:13 Queued to be Scheduled"

So . . . your guess is as good as mine?

12/13/2016 8:52 am  #65

My 3 official events have been scheduled.

12/13/2016 9:48 am  #66

Per Facebook:

"Everyone, there was a slight error last night in TTEs scheduling. We are currently working to reschedule all games, but it will take a few days. Please do not cancel and resubmit events, as that will only slow the process. Please sit tight for a few days and we will hammer it out. Your games will be properly scheduled and assigned a table by the start of registration so have no fears!"

12/13/2016 10:11 am  #67

lige wrote:

Per Facebook:

"Everyone, there was a slight error last night in TTEs scheduling. We are currently working to reschedule all games, but it will take a few days. Please do not cancel and resubmit events, as that will only slow the process. Please sit tight for a few days and we will hammer it out. Your games will be properly scheduled and assigned a table by the start of registration so have no fears!"

Thanks, lige!

Pretty  consistently with GaryCon, something seems off and then word slowly filters out from Facebook. If only they had some sort of branded Internet platform they could use to communicate! Ah, well. I guess I'll just head over to HandyHaversack-dot-com and gaze into the Abyss for a while.

12/13/2016 1:46 pm  #68

Handy Haversack wrote:

lige wrote:

Per Facebook:

Thanks, lige!

Pretty  consistently with GaryCon, something seems off and then word slowly filters out from Facebook. If only they had some sort of branded Internet platform they could use to communicate! Ah, well. I guess I'll just head over to HandyHaversack-dot-com and gaze into the Abyss for a while.

Handy, why own the content delivery mechanism when you can outsource that to someone else and be at the mercy of their data management systems.

</preaching_to_choir>

What? Me worry?

12/13/2016 7:27 pm  #69

francisca wrote:

My 3 official events have been scheduled.

And...I dunno what happened.  I got an email saying they were scheduled, and I went to the site, and they were there, at the correct time, and findable in the catalog.

And now they are gone.

Tired of this s***.  Tell you guys what, I'm not going to mention it, and if they don't fix it without me hounding them, I'm not going to bother.  I'll be running AS&SH Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from noon-4PM at the con.  It may be in the open gaming area, and we can coordinate here.

12/14/2016 12:50 pm  #70

As near as I can tell the only Hyperborea stuff showing up in Ghul's stuff. I don't see Francisca's nor Chainsaw's. I didn't look for other's because I couldn't recall names off the top of my head.

So yeah...Hyperborea seems to have lost most of its events.

What? Me worry?

12/14/2016 2:23 pm  #71

gizmomathboy wrote:

As near as I can tell the only Hyperborea stuff showing up in Ghul's stuff. I don't see Francisca's nor Chainsaw's. I didn't look for other's because I couldn't recall names off the top of my head.

So yeah...Hyperborea seems to have lost most of its events.

I think everything is just in process still. Their system sent an e-mail when it shouldn't've, so very little is actually scheduled yet. A.k.a. "the beer got a little excited."

12/14/2016 2:41 pm  #72

Handy, they are saying that everything is as it was pre-fuckup.

It obviously isn't.

What? Me worry?

12/14/2016 3:07 pm  #73

gizmomathboy wrote:

Handy, they are saying that everything is as it was pre-fuckup.

It obviously isn't.

Ah, I see. Though I guess the definition and time range of "fuckup" is pretty elastic in all this!

12/14/2016 5:27 pm  #74

My submissions are all back to queued to be scheduled.  I'm guessing they only have a few events actually scheduled at this point as they say they are redoing things - it'll probably take a couple of days for this to work out. 

12/26/2016 7:36 pm  #75

My three official events are now on the schedule.

12/26/2016 9:07 pm  #76

Mine are still listed as Queued for Scheduling.....  Not terribly worried either way.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/03/2017 6:45 pm  #77

I think things should be more or less set at this point. At least, they seem to have settled down. There are more AS&SH events than I thought. Not everyone used "HYPERBOREA" in the title! Of course, the back end of the database is bad at parsing the ampersand

https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-ix/schedule#?query=%22as%26sh%22

I count 23 events! And only Jeff's are "Featured Events" that cost extra, so plenty to choose from.

1/03/2017 8:11 pm  #78

Cool!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/04/2017 2:50 pm  #79

This one of mine doesn't show up in Handy's search: https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-ix/schedule/404

1/09/2017 8:49 am  #80

So I spent a few hours yesterday working on the next (pre)generation of pregens for my games this year. Figured the last batch had done yeoman's work already! I thought I might a request submit to the hivemind for help with images to paste onto the character sheets (I'm using Maezar's Sheet of Wondrous Automation). So if anyone can post a link to publicly accessible images that fit any of these, I'd appreciate it! (Will update once I do the cleric and thief subclasses, too):

Keltic barbarian (male)
Esquimmeaux berserker (female)
Atlantean cleric (m)
Kimmerian warlock (death soldier) (f)
Ixian fighter (f)
Viking warlock (fire lord) (f)
Hyperborean pyromancer (m)
Common illusionist (f)
Kimmerian magician (m)
Ixian necromancer (m)
Atlantean ranger (f)
Amazon thief (f)
Pict warlock (m)
Esquimmeaux witch (m)

Or a decent search engine for same?

Thanks!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.