!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2015 11:03 am  #1

AS&SH Campaign

First sorry for my bad english, I'm a French guy doing his best! 

AS&SH Campaign Session 1 (July 20, 2015)
PCs:
Guylain: Noo the esquimaux monk lvl 1(nickname: the Squid), follower of a strange Kthulhu cult.
Paul-Jean: Xel'Nagor the Ixian Pyromancer lvl 1, outcast for his desire to burn down things since a young age.
François: Athanasios the Atlantean Assassin lvl 1.
NPCs:
Hortance the Unwavering Heavy Infantrygirl  

I'm using my version of Rats in the Walls.

Summary
The freshly created ragtag band sets up for a drink at the Silvery Eel (Wink). In dire need of money they accept Xill Vuntos offer. With a lot of their blood spilled but no casualties... they ended up solving the rats and swine problem (or so they think). 

Introduction
Sitting down for a drink and talking about their future together at "apparently quiet" Silvery Eel, they end up learning about Xill rat problem. They accept the the reward and without much investigating around they go strait for the basement. 

First basement
They slaughter their first wave of giant rats in the basement without much problem. Xel'Nagor the Pyromancer end up killing 3 giant rat by himself using his scimitar and one Flaming Missile. Athanasios end up being bitten, fail the poison check and develop a terminal disease. The Monk Noo healed the Assassin after much jokes about how the rotten Atlantean disease smell bad. They find the secret door without problem and go the the second basement. 

Temple of Aurorus
Since they decide to split up right away and each cover a part of the temple main room they get attacked by 4 giant rats each. The fight is vicious and once again the Pyromancer saves the day hacking away with his scimitar and killing 6 giants rats. At this point the Monk, who almost didn't killed anything yet was unconscious. The brave Atlantean fell unconscious too.  

They hire Hortance the Unwavering Heavy Infantrygirl and return to the temple after Xill offer them a round of chowder, boiled lobsters and sweet potatoes. They murdered the 4 Skeleton Halberdier without much resistance. They loot everything and the Esquimaux Monk is ecstatic about the Kthulhu statuette. They spend the night at the Black Pig Inn nearby and head back into the final part of the dungeon (they know... it's 11PM).

Dungeon
The room sink even more than the Atlantean disease. It's covered with urine and feces. They face the nightmarish daemon swine and in an instant bloodbath, the grotesque daemon ended up exploding on the wound covered adventurers. They all vomited but they were all happy that nobody got sick.  Xill Vuntos gave them the reward and promised that the adventurers will always have the best table at his tavern. 

XP: 1000 each total plus 100 xp to Xel'Nagor the Pyromancer for being the only real fighter in the group hahaha.

Being the first game it was a little clunky but we all had a lot of fun and laugh. They are all motivated and already new players want to join the game. So we will see how this goes!

Last edited by Mortificateur (7/22/2015 11:28 am)

7/22/2015 1:53 pm  #2

Re: AS&SH Campaign

Your English is much better than my French, my friend!

I love the "jokes about how the rotten Atlantean disease smell bad." Made me laugh out loud.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

7/22/2015 3:33 pm  #3

That's the spirit!  Great report.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

7/22/2015 4:09 pm  #4

Allons-y!

Great stuff. I think several of us on the board have now played Rats in the Walls. It's great to see all the different ways it plays out.

7/22/2015 9:20 pm  #5

Excellent! I hope to hear more about your game soon.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

7/24/2015 11:03 am  #6

Thanks guys! This game was played right after we created the character so they didn't have much background yet. My players are all commited and they will write a little more background about their characters. This will help me shape up the rest of the campaign.

11/09/2015 1:04 pm  #7

Playing Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes tonight!

11/09/2015 7:31 pm  #8

Cool! Let us know how it goes.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/10/2015 4:13 am  #9

Have fun Mortificateur.
Looks like a great module, I cant wait to run this one.

12/10/2015 11:46 am  #10

And so we're back! Hooking up with a group that can adapt to my crazy chef schedule is really hard! I'll try to keep it simple and light to read.

AS&SH Campaign Session 2

PCs:
Paul-Jean: Xel'Nagor the Ixian Pyromancer lvl 2, outcast for his desire to burn down things since a young age. Getting weirder every day. He now want to bring back Helios "The Sun" on top of ours heads.
Jonathan: Isaac Mc Kilgan the Kelt Ranger lvl 2, real background to be determined soon. (He joined the game at session 3)
Anthony: Fabio the Viking Berserker lvl 2 is a not very bright guy. He cares only about his looks, exploding things with his warhammer and smashing down doors. He even got a theme song now hehehe. His War Cry: Fabiooooo!

NPCs:
4 Mercenaries (2 swordmans and 2 archers) hired by Xel'Nagor to protect his ass (He pays them well)
1 Personal Porter hired by Xel'Nagor.
1 Personal "Mirrorbearer" hired by Fabio.

We are playing Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes! So lots of spoilers ahead guys! 

Summary
This adventure start at the Silvery Eel (wink wink) where Xel and Fabio are attracted by Vul Kovtu claims about the legendary wreck and the green diamonds. They agree quickly and embark on the Desert Nomad.

Journey across the sea
They encounter the giant squid on the very first day of travel. The fight is gruesome and one of the archers got pulled apart by the enormous Cephalopod. Xel'Nagor gave some gold to the three remaining mercenaries (taken secretly from the dead archer pocket). After a peaceful trip they end up in Cape Calencia an accept Vul "side quest" 

The Cursed Amphora
They talk to a lot of people in the village and learn about the Ruined Fane of Apollo. They also get the 6 silver-tipped arrows from the smith. The adventurers leave in the morning for the ruined temple. By that time nobody knows that Isaac Mc Kilgan is tracking them from not too far away. En route they encounter a Giant Crab Spider and the fight goes well for them. Arriving at night they setup camp far away from the temple. An horde of Stirges wake up ours poor fellows but again victory is theirs. In the morning to get ready and travel to the Ruined Fane of Apollo. 

Ruined Fane of Apollo
The wolf guarding the entrance attack the PC on sight and another fight starts. The second archer gets eviscerated by one of the wolf and everybody got lightly wounded. Again Xel'Nagor pays the remaining mercenaries with the dead guy money, this time not even bothering to do it stealthily.
They press on the exploration of the courtyard finding that the well is in fact a tunnel, look around the pens and burning alive the 2 wolves in the stable. Xel saves all the wolf pups and they retreat to their camp to heal the wounded. By that time "Tom" the swordman is unconscious and Fabio is battered pretty good...

That's it for session 2, I don't have time right now to write the 3rd session but it's coming very soon!

12/10/2015 12:51 pm  #11

Très bon!

We had a blast with this adventure.

Mortificateur wrote:

Paul-Jean: Xel'Nagor the Ixian Pyromancer lvl 2, outcast for his desire to burn down things since a young age. Getting weirder every day. He now want to bring back Helios "The Sun" on top of ours heads.

I like this guy.

12/11/2015 1:05 am  #12

I'm just happy that I've finally found time in my life to really enjoy RPGs and luckily gathered an amazing crew of very dear friends / role players.

Xel'Nagor is a jackass. Never lifting a finger. Paul Jean "PJay" role play his character very well hahaha.

11/17/2016 2:03 pm  #13

Hi there!

If you ever need a french speaking player for your campaign, just send me a message!

I live in Montreal, and it seems games of ASSH are very scarce here!

Thanks!

11/17/2016 2:34 pm  #14

I visited Montreal last spring! Beautiful city. Felt like Europe, except within driving distance of my home in New Hampshire! Loved it there. Cheers! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.